• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Und

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah yes, this brings back fond memories from almost 20 years ago.....

...late nights at the 'tique, Whitey's (and elsewhere), grinders at the Red Pepper, NCAA hockey championships, fox hunting west of town out by the missile silos, and winters so friggin' cold the C-152s left contrails.

Oh yeah, you will definitely get proficient NDB approaches, DME arcs, and "wind-sweeping-down-the-plain" x-wind landings. Have fun! (I know I did).

Old Timers

Where have you guys been? The Westward Ho is no more. What a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** shame. Now its the ballroom of the Alerus.

How about the Edge or Muddy Rivers?

It's always a nice visit now!

UND

The flight team weenies at Riddle-Prescott always regarded U.N.D. as their major rival.

Having said that, I always heard that U.N.D. is a top school, as good as anyone. Good facilities, good education, good trainning and good connections. I seem to recall that we had an instructor at Riddle who finished her ratings at U.N.D.

Good college hockey, too, if you're into that.

As always, take all the advertising with a grain of salt. But, I'd say, you can make a worse choice than U.N.D. Good luck with your choice.

UND is a fine school. I enjoyed my 4 years there.

I only recommended uncorrected 20/20 vision to allow for the full range of career possibilities offered at UND, such as NASA.

Also, if you have glasses or contacts by the time you are in high school, you may have vision which can deteriorate to a point where correction is difficult for a flying career. A look at family history and a consult with a opthamologist would be prudent before embarking on an aviation degree, as opposed to some other degree where 20/20 is not a firm requirement. Stable 20/20 when in college inproves your chances of retaining correctable vision throughout your life, with regular exams.

I found out I needed glasses when I went to get a hack license while at NYU. Luckily, my vision has changed little since then.

Well, I guess I'm fu@ked then.. I have an aviation degree and don't have uncorrected 20/20 vision.. Although, with the great advances in contact lenses, I do have corrected 20/10 in both eyes..

:)

Having good vision is just a suggestion for the guy who hasn't gotten to the point of making the Big Choice of a degree. Aviation is a profession where we can be shot down despite the dedication to learning.

It's prudent to take all of the variables into consideration before putting all of your education eggs into one basket. When I was at the academy, a lot of guys who wanted to be fighter jocks were turned down because of glasses.

Most of us won't have a big problem with our flying jobs, but how many of us can pass an air force or NASA flight physical? I know that I couldn't, even at 21.

Bad vision

I agree with Timebuilder, but there's plenty that you can do in aviation with less than 20/20. Chperplt can probably advance to the majors, especially if Delta now hires with less than 20/20 vision.

About the only place one may be screwed is military flying. Of course, military flying is a time-honored way to that majors seat, but not the only way anymore.

Chperplt can probably advance to the majors, especially if Delta now hires with less than 20/20 vision.

My first post was a joke.. But if you really think that 20/20 uncorrected is going to be the deciding factor in employment in any civil aviation job, you have a lot to learn.

A lot has changed since you gave a run at it bobbysamd

Latest resources

Back