UND Takes Nationals!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kansas said:
Not so much a suggestion, per se, just an idea...

Pretty off the wall, but it might work. What if a "SAFECON Idol" show was put together for the Friday night social? Have teams put up talent acts of all sorts in a judged show for the big prizes, and give away the random smaller stuff throughout the night. Perhaps "SAFECON Gong Show" is a better name. Acts could be individual or group (they'd have to figure out for themselves how to split the prize), funny or serious, etc. etc...

That would probably be quite a bit of fun not only to participate in, but also to watch. Just a thought.

If I found someone to play the drums and a good bassist I could play a kickass verson of purple haze! I think I would win on GP! :pimp:

Salukipilot4590 said:
If I found someone to play the drums and a good bassist I could play a kickass verson of purple haze! I think I would win on GP! :pimp:

If it happens, I hope I'm there to see it...

Rip Vanwinkle said:
What do you think I'm crazy? I'm not. I'll stick to calling you geeks from the safety of an anonymous web forum.

Seriously, though, whatever works for you is fine with me. I just can't imagine wanting to spend both your career and your free time around airplanes. One is enough for me. Anyway, as you point out, it's none of my business, so I'll just say enjoy flying but don't miss the rest of life and I'll hit the road.
First of all, thank you of expressing your opinion in a civil manner, and acknowledging that it's just an opinion with a "to each his own" attitude, instead of acting like some meathead popped collar with questionably-sized genitalia. I respect that.

Now, here's some food for thought: some of us chose this career for a reason... which doesn't involve spiffy epaulettes or (non-existing) six figures.

Going2Baja said:
...And if the gal that flew for OCC at Mt. Sac is reading this, you made my 1st SAFECON very memorable!!!

Are you saying that you got some at Nationals? if so....I bow before you....:beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back