UND Takes Nationals!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
down2mins said:
Burnout...nah... that was avoided by the past 3 weeks of doing absolutely nothing related to NIFA stuff. :)

You recover quickly, sir. After you've worked to take care of 1000 lives, it sure does make taking care of YOUR OWN life, easier, though. I told GH last year that we could have made one heck of a reality show out of it...I think only one of our officers remained in town by the time SAFECON '06 rolled around. Not sure of what age y'all are, but sounds like you might need to have a few "ready reserves" in mind for next year.

kansas said:
You recover quickly, sir. After you've worked to take care of 1000 lives, it sure does make taking care of YOUR OWN life, easier, though. I told GH last year that we could have made one heck of a reality show out of it...I think only one of our officers remained in town by the time SAFECON '06 rolled around. Not sure of what age y'all are, but sounds like you might need to have a few "ready reserves" in mind for next year.

Reality show...nice!

Why does everyone always assume I'm a "sir" ;)
Anyway, I graduated a few years ago, as did most of the other officers from this year. Just all still work in Columbus and have always been very involved with flight team. May be time to pass the torch. We'll see...

Sorry, ma'am. ;)

Not having to attend classes while "running the show" would have been nice, although I imagine work, in some cases, now that I think of it, would be a mess to deal with, as well. I guess it's not like I went to classes for a week and a half straight while the tornado was swirling around us, anyway:)

Guitar rocker said:
Man, he sure did have his favorites there. Please tell me Deremer isnt still there teaching everyone the internal circuitry of an NDB and VOR. Boy, was THAT ever some wasted time.

Oh god no. He retired somewhere around 2001 I think (someone please correct me here--like I have to ask). Initially, Robertson took over the Long Range class and Skrammy took over the Gen Av Ops class. (I have no idea who's doing what now.) I still never performed a gross nav error check in a Seminole, though. :cool:

Booker said:
Oh god no. He retired somewhere around 2001 I think (someone please correct me here--like I have to ask). Initially, Robertson took over the Long Range class and Skrammy took over the Gen Av Ops class. (I have no idea who's doing what now.) I still never performed a gross nav error check in a Seminole, though. :cool:

That guy was somethin else. That and the glass eye always killed me.....
Seemed like some folks thought that we were going to go from UND right out to flying around the world in a hawk. Maybe they had a void to fill and just used up throwing stuff in there that would take up time.

Guitar rocker said:
Good job UND. At least this time when you guys went there, yah didnt buzz, hit the power lines and crash into the might Miss like they did when I was there. What an embarrassment. Is that arrogant Kent Lovelace still there? What a tool.

Ha Ha. I remember that crash. One of the pilots involved is now a Captain at Pinnacle. M.A.

kansas said:
Sorry, ma'am. ;)

Not having to attend classes while "running the show" would have been nice, although I imagine work, in some cases, now that I think of it, would be a mess to deal with, as well. I guess it's not like I went to classes for a week and a half straight while the tornado was swirling around us, anyway:)

Yeah, luckily my job was very forgiving during those 2 weeks :)

If anyone has any type of suggestions for next year....go ahead and spill um on here.

down2mins said:
Yeah, luckily my job was very forgiving during those 2 weeks :)

If anyone has any type of suggestions for next year....go ahead and spill um on here.

Well I already mentioned the fuel cards earlier in the thread. What kinds of things are in your scope of control though?

We never got our landing cards, SCAN/E6B tests, or preflight sheets back but is that a Judging staff thing, or can you help us on that?

Again, you guys did a great job. The video link in the hangar was neat for the little amount of time I did get to see it (our whole team was usually out on the ramp recovering or staging.), and the facilities were excellent.

Latest resources

Back