Uncle Jerry's Visit to The ASA Crew Rm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vee One:

Thanks, but no, I'm not running. But as a joke, someone could put "~~~^~~~" as a write in candidate. It would be amusing to see the results.

If running, it would be unwise to put my cards on the table like that. I sure do appreciate the folks who do take on the task. It is not an easy job.

Last edited:
OK...Again, not here to argue the RJDC - You, myself & a huge portion of our union are never going to agree on this. Set aside your version of 2000 however - what is the lawsuit about now??? All Delta flying by Delta Pilots is for the Pilots at Delta to decide and/or negotiate.

What is the lawsuit about now??? Hide behind DFR all you want, but the Short answer: money. The union has it - someone else wants it.

I agree that a "strong national union" would benefit all pilots. I don't agree that suing your own union for CASH & pissing off a huge portion of the pilots already serving the union is the best way to benefit all pilots. Work it out within the union & let the money stay where it will serve all of us, not just the RJDC windfallees (wc).

ALL that aside. Truce. White Flag. Whatever on the RJDC, 'cause it's going nowhere & I don't really care. My question is: with all your interest in my prior statements..... are you voting for Lynn Jackson?

Last edited:
ALL that aside. Truce. White Flag. Whatever on the RJDC, 'cause it's going nowhere & I don't really care. My question is: with all your interest in my prior statements..... are you voting for Lynn Jackson?

Why do you need to know who he's voting for- gonna try and change his mind like everyone on this board things they're going to do? Vote for who YOU want-just be willing to live with it either way and know what YOUR vote means.

What is the lawsuit about now??? Hide behind DFR all you want, but the Short answer: money. The union has it - someone else wants it.

Work it out within the union & let the money stay where it will serve all of us, not just the RJDC windfallees (wc).

ALL that aside. Truce. White Flag. Whatever on the RJDC, 'cause it's going nowhere & I don't really care.
Sorry (really sorry) but you asked the question and your civil debate deserves a thoughtful reply.

The lawsuit is about Representation. Your confusion about "representation" is understandable because you probably have not seen it. You are not alone, ALPA's senior leadership, including Mr. Woerth were unable to describe what a "Fiduciary Duty" is when deposed on their obligations to their membership.

So illustrate things in more concrete terms, how about a balance of power? A judiciary where disputes between MEC's could be resolved? How about no more jets for jobs cram downs and no more Compass / Mesaba debacles?

MEC's need to work together, both when it is convenient and particularly when it is inconvenient. ALPA decided that regionals were not going to get effective scope because mainline MEC's deemed it a threat to their power. Now this policy has come full circle and Delta's and NorthWest's rates on similar equipment undermine ASA, while ASA's airplanes are being transferred out of the ALPA's membership. I don't care who you are or where your career is going, the Northwest MEC Chairman said it best when he proclaimed that flying at NorthWest would never return to the career it was.

ALPA (representing Comair, ASA and Delta) was in negotiations with Delta on all three carriers simultaneously for years. How easy would it have been to stop the erosion of Delta's flying while preserving the security of pilots then? In fact, serious discussions about tripartied negotiations did happen. However, ALPA lacked the structure to make it happen. Fixing that structure so that pilots have a voice when their wages and working conditions are being negotiated is what the litigation is about.

ALPA has no obligation to SkyWest, or Chautauqua, or Republic Pilots. But they seem to reap most of the benefits of ALPA's infighting. ALPA desperately needs a way to prevent MEC's from negotiating in a predatory fashion to harm other ALPA members. In fact, our new EVP Tom Zebarini proposed a resolution to stop MEC's from negotiating phantom pay rates on each other's airplanes. This is good, but we need coordination from the top of ALPA's structure to come together as a cohesive force to restore our profession.

OK, I'm willing to call a truce if you are :)

~~~^~~~

Last edited:
OK Fins.... I specifically recall asking two questions in my last post....

But I'll accept the truce on the one & the silence on the latter :)

Good to know that changing the "structure" is what it's all about and that NO MONEY WILL EVER CHANGE HANDS - According to Fins. Right Fins???

OK....truce on.....now.

Not that you'll change your mind about your vote, but Nick Tomlin and Danny Utley are also running for Capt's reps for the two LEC Council positions, by far better choices than the LJ Coalition.

I like both Danny and Nick. I have worked with both of them and they are good people. However they represent the same thing we have now. Danny was on the MEC, and Nick is the strike committee chairman. The current approach isn't working. Asking for the moon, hoping for a release, and watching 70's go to Skywest isn't a viable plan for me. I am voting for the LJ Coalition - its time to get this done and move on.

One tough nut to crack is the training department. We have some of the best IP's around and I think we should keep our IP's and Standards guys in place. Current book is higher than industry average, but we do get what we pay for. Perhaps there is some room to outsource more while keeping our guys in place at the top of the IP food chain. After all, the current stagnation and fleet re-allocation is very inefficient. SkyWest admitted in the conference call that the 900 & 700 re-allocation was increasing SkyWest's costs. Growth would do a lot to cure the cost problem. Also, the current IP rates were a reaction of a desperate ASA management to keep IP's lat time hiring got hot. All indications are that hiring will get hot again, maybe in 2007, and if that is the case, ASA might once again need to retain IP's by paying them a good wage for their work.

The IP's have gotten together themselves and put a proposal together that would get their costs in line with what managment wants. It was given to the company and ALPA to be discussed when they meet again. This was told to me by a few IP's and I believe most if not all the IP's were ok with it. I think it has a lot to do in making them more efficient and productive.

So I believe the IP section is not a factor anymore.

thougt you were coming last night for that "beer" I promised you...what happened? Get lost on your way or is all that "billy bad a$$" talk just that? hmmm. Yeah, I thought so.

Who the heck are you taking a poke at? You are the coward who lacks the testicular fortitude and conviction of beliefs to stand up and be counted in the crew lounge.

This is FI. Your opinion means exactly jack $hit until you stand up and tell people what you believe in a real life forum, like the crew lounge or an MEC or LEC meeting.

RIght now you are just another cowrdly, sniping, Flight Info jerkoff.

Latest resources

Back