• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uncle Jerry's Visit to The ASA Crew Rm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, it shows that Lynn motivated all 67 of her supporters to vote, not any kind of mandate, but thanks for the SPIN you accuse all of us of. Oh and the same "birdie" must have talked to me, because I heard the 4 captain nominees got 67, 64, 47 and 45. So you can quit with the "7-1" baloney.

I'll bet that she only gets a little more than that in the general election.

I stand corrected. For the captains, Lynn Jackson got 66, Lee got 64, Tomlin got 52 and Utley got 48. The FOs were Bowie 62, Welsh 61, Schnorr 49, Heckard 44. Still a far cry from 7-1. Sad part was that this only represents 10.08% of our pilot group voting. What a mandate, Lynn!!!

What a sad statement when only about 200 ASA pilots bother to vote. Kind of like the turnout at the SGU picket line.

$crew everybody BUT me. Attitude of the new world order.

Hey, I know, let's just give in and undercut Skywest, get their airplanes and see how they whine about us "lowering the bar"

What a sad statement when only about 200 ASA pilots bother to vote. Kind of like the turnout at the SGU picket line.

It's not a vote, it a nomination. Different things. But I guess any chance to bash ASA pilots, right?

The vote started today and ends Dec. 11. I expect a higher percentage, but honestly not much higher -- the same as the other elections tomorrow.

I would rather keep riding on the coat tails of ALPA then actually having them on our property. I am happy paying ZERO union dues. A higher standard? I think a large portion of us are already happy. A higher standard is making a good wage and not having to pay union dues.

Good God! You are an embarrassment to this entire profession. If you are not ashamed of yourself for that quote, there really is no hope. Keep standing around letting the other guys do all the work....
Keep riding those coat tails.......
You disgust me.

Originally Posted by Speedtape
ll

Their plan is "we'll roll over and have you a contract in 90 days." They also are promising a jean day on Monday's and Friday's.

Those other 3 people that LJ has roped into her little scheme have no idea of what they have gotten themselves into. A fellow pilot that is in R/T with one of the F/O's that is running on her ticket, was asked today some real basic questions about their platform and how they were going to achieve their 90 day goal, and the poor guy doesn't have a clue! HMMMM!

I think we need to think this one out real carefully.

L.J. , quit hiding out in the smoking room and behind Chuck Vier's office door! Come into the crew lounge and face the pilots you want to vote for you. You need to answer some questions about your ALPA experience. You need to answer some questions with more detail about how your plan can work. You need to answer some questions about why you think you deserve our trust. Why are you hiding behind three other innocent pilots?

Why did you get recalled? Why did you go into mangagement? Why did you leave management--sounds like you may not have? Why did you quit the MEC Vice-Chair job? Why should you deserve the trust of this pilot group?

Those are things that need to be answered--or maybe not!

Most of us that have been here for any length of time have been paying attention and don't have short memories!

I vote NO to the CO----alition! Of really ONE!

I can think of another organism in biology that feeds off of others. You, Sir, are a leech. Please do not generalize this statement towards all Skywest pilots since only a miniscule amount of them share your lecherous attitude.

Hang your head in shame.

What is there to be ashamed of? No one here is a leech. We are just making the best of a good situation. You can't fault anyone for playing the best hand with the cards they are dealt. If things were so bad here ALPA would have been voted in long ago. Luckily we have been able to stay at or near the top of the industry since that infamous 1999 drive that failed by a few votes. IMO that was the best thing that ever happened to us. We have done well since then and saved a lot of money. Unfortunately the RLA frankly just sucks. The cards are already stacked against the unions so we might as well at least wait until the RLA changes. If the RLA was ever changed to allow contracts to expire, better grievance resolution etc then I would be much more receptive to a union. Until then....... only time will tell the results of this union drive.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back