Uncle Jerry's Visit to The ASA Crew Rm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Irish,

You are wrong. It was a stock grant. Not options. Don't listen rumor. Get on the internet and look it up yourself.

Subscribe to Edgar, read the 10ks, read the 8ks, read the analyst reports, read the insider activity reports.

The truth is out there.

1. BL didn't get $800,000 in stock. He got stock options - that isn't the same as getting stock.

No, he got "restricted stock", not stock options. I saw the SEC filing, and already had this argument with SH. I don't know what the restrictions are, but they were definatly NOT options.

people like Bizjet = one of the biggest reasons past unions drives have gone down in flames at SkyWest.

Last night at a table full of pilots from other carriers, everyone seemed happy with Preferential Bidding. The junior guys said they got in open time to fix what they did not like with their awards.

I'll add my endorsement to that. Most folks I fly with agree-PBS is an improvement and provides lots of flexibility. If that is a sticking point for you guys in negotiations, it shouldn't be.

I'll add my endorsement to that. Most folks I fly with agree-PBS is an improvement and provides lots of flexibility. If that is a sticking point for you guys in negotiations, it shouldn't be.

We don't have a problem with PBS. Any rational person knows that everything's going that way (especially since most airlines now are PBS already). ALPA just wants to make sure it is mutually agreeable and that it is as small of a concession as possible.

We already TA'd a pretty decent, if not industry leading, scheduling section. The last thing that should happen is for it to be compromised because of the switch to PBS.

It would be best for PBS to be negotiated as a side letter, as opposed to holding up the contract longer. That is one thing at least that both ALPA and the company mostly agree on.

6 votes....yes, that is down in flames.

That 1999 drive was close. Look at the results of the 2004 union drive. Other union drives in the past also havent gone exceptionally well. One common factor is that toward the end of union drives it turns into a name calling and lecturing contest. Guys lecture you about how you "need" the union and call you all sorts of names if you disagree. I can tell myself what I need or don't need thank you very much. I am happy with PBS, I am happy with pay still around the top of the industry. I am happy with my schedule. I am happy with my life. Remember how the old saying goes if it's not broke then don't fix it.

Acutally it is 4-0, not 6. Prior to that, ALPA had not lost a vote that I remember. And even though I have called for ALPA's reform, ALPA would be the best choice to represent the SkyWest pilots at this time.

SkyWest has been the beneficiary of ALPA's battles for pay and working conditions. Jerry throws out bones to keep the SkyWest guys from seeking representation. However, with the size of SkyWest, can the pilot group continue to lag behind those who are trying to restore this profession?

The few SkyWest guys I know are stand up folks who are ready to bring leadership to our profession. ALPA is the way to join together to raise all of us to a higher standard.

God, is this thread still going. Let it go. We are going to be nothing in six months. Get your shi_t together and go somewhere else, otherwise you'll have a heart attack in a year or so. It's not worth it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back