• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unbiased article on SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glimmers of hope. New hires showing up in greater numbers, average age going down.

For your sake, just hope your cabin crews stay happy doing there jobs, even in the late 50's-60's because that's where your heading.

Many of ours, not so happy at that age despite the same money as yours.

I can guarantee that an AA Flight Attendant makes nowhere near the income that an SWA FA makes. Many of our FA's make over $100,000 a year, the highest paid in the industry bar none.

Speaking of ladies, don't know anything about rhyme or reason but I've noticed that there are lots of hot looking women in west Texas. Again I don't know why but it's just a casual observation over the years. Maybe something in the water out there? I hear lots of jokes on here from GL and others about LBB. I've never lived out there but the people seem "small town" friendly and all. I'll take a AMA or LBB anyday over HRL or MSY.

West Texas has some of the best looking women in the entire country! I do believe it is in the water.

I can guarantee that an AA Flight Attendant makes nowhere near the income that an SWA FA makes. Many of our FA's make over $100,000 a year, the highest paid in the industry bar none.

I would modify this to say SOME can make more than $100K (never home, on the road 25 out of 30 days a month), MOST make about $50-75K. Don't get me wrong, If I was a single dude, no edumacation, and wanted to party hardy and bank some buck, FA job would be my slice of pie.

If I was a single dude, no edumacation, and wanted to party hardy and bank some buck, FA job would be my slice of pie.

Darth,

It pleases me that you are able to joyously celebrate your choices here with us all. It's just so rare on Flight info. Don't let anybody change you.

I would modify this to say SOME can make more than $100K (never home, on the road 25 out of 30 days a month)

It only takes about 145TFP to get to $100,000 at 12 year pay. Throw in VJA, Time and a half, double time and it's not too hard.

I was in LBB a few weeks ago. The hotel rooms are dated; but the people are friendly, the steak was awesome, and the discount was good. Lots of jobs down there with the oil boom.

It only takes about 145TFP to get to $100,000 at 12 year pay. Throw in VJA, Time and a half, double time and it's not too hard.
I didn't say it was hard, just that reality is, most 12 year FA's GIVE their line away and let their other source of income make bank, while they make health insurance.

This was like the statement SWA FO's CAN easily make over $200,000, which is BS.

The key word their Luv2B is 'easy'. If you think it's hard to spend a little time on the computer maximizing your schedule then it might not be easy.

I'm only on 5 year pay and I've very close to that number. I work my butt off (all straight pay), but it's my choice. So if I'm out doing it at straight pay, it can be pretty easy at 1.5X premium pay for those more senior from Airtran. Also get paid well for just flying my line. It's a nice option and it's all what you want for that month.

Vacation and Training months are pretty easy to hit 130-140 TFP with very little effort. So those 4 months are big. You guys brought your longevity so everyone that transitions has at least 3 weeks of vacation. At least..

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back