• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unbiased article on SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the word on the new VP of flight operations? Good or bad? People like him?

He was the chief pilot in Las Vegas, and a great guy. I've never heard anyone ever say anything bad about him. Let's hope being in Dallas, and closer to the numbers guys and hatchet men, doesn't change him too much.

Bubba

A question for a TFP expert, how is the 365 look back going to impact us who can only fly straight time meaning lots of block to get get high TFP?

Not that we have a choice but from what I gather a lot of us will be taking a cut if we are unable to pick up trips like we do now. My Ca asked a union guy but from his opinion, some of our union reps seem to be in a different world than line guys. Instead of trying to help their junior buddy get a summer vacation they need to focus on stuff falling from the sky towards us, like soon to be crappier unproductive schedules like we had at AT. Eliminate the baby sitting of planes causing us to miss commutes home etc..

WP- I can't usually get premium, but 117 has been good to me in that I can now back two 3 days next to each other, whereas before 30-7 almost always prevented it- and by frustratingly little

shorterm 117 lets you kill what 30/7 used to say no way. That said, 117 is now keeping guys from trading into stuff with buffers limiting them 30 days out. However, I think 117 is better than 30/7 if yu are a playa.

I like the back to back trips as well but was unaware of the 365 look back which is coming in Jan according to my CA a few trips ago. That is what I am curious about. How a trip a year ago.. never mind we all know fatigue is now solved.

Latest resources

Back