Unbiased article on SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
American Airlines, the LARGEST airline in the world. How is Lubbock? LOL

From the nAAtive AA side, we are very happy to have the MD-80/A319's going into LBB and other places that were transferred to Eagle over the last 20 years.

Europe is overrated when that 0200 wakeup call rings. Same goes for the 98th trip to Rio.

I agree that SWA has a demographic problem. They are starting to look like our AA crews, especially the FA's :eek:

And how has that changed for AA?

It hasn't.

Glimmers of hope. New hires showing up in greater numbers, average age going down.

For your sake, just hope your cabin crews stay happy doing there jobs, even in the late 50's-60's because that's where your heading.

Many of ours, not so happy at that age despite the same money as yours.

American Airlines, the LARGEST airline in the world. How is Lubbock? LOL

The best part is the moron is so clueless that he is somehow trying to denigrate SW for going into LBB but he doesn't even know his new LARGEST airline in the world flies into LBB just as much as Southwest.

The sad part is I remember another time AA was the largest Airline in the world (right after they bought TWA) until they weren't.

Tha article has valid points...our business model is old, service has slipped and revenue generation is not great...we are on a rising tide, as are all airlines but when things reverse, SWA may not do so well...DL seems unstoppable now...

This LBB place is starting to sound interesting. I'm on my third airline now, and I STILL haven't been there.

Speaking of ladies, don't know anything about rhyme or reason but I've noticed that there are lots of hot looking women in west Texas. Again I don't know why but it's just a casual observation over the years. Maybe something in the water out there? I hear lots of jokes on here from GL and others about LBB. I've never lived out there but the people seem "small town" friendly and all. I'll take a AMA or LBB anyday over HRL or MSY.

Latest resources

Back