• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UNBELIEVABLE! - CAL ALPA supports change to Age 60 Rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Face it, you are the benchmark on low pay now.

Peace. Oh, and don't hate. I was having a nice picnic today with my husband and his family, whose father is a vet. It puts things into perspective. Family, friends, sacrifice are very important.

Happy Memorial Day.

I have no issues with Express Jet and don't wave a flag for CAL, but putting things into perspective, an Express Jet newhire actually gets paid less than a CAL newhire. Also, I noticed that my second year pay is a little bit more than a 7 year Express Jet Capt in the 145. That looks like a lower benchmark to me.

Wow. I am pretty surprised by some of the anger from the younger guys here.

Here is the deal:

Age 65 is coming so get over it. You don't like it? Too bad. When you are 59 and making the most money of your career you won't be complaining I bet.

I am young enough that when the age 65 rule comes out, I too will be held back in seniority and might have to wait awhile to upgrade. It sucks but in the long run I will make more money.

This industry is constantly changing. Either change with it or get out.

Here is the deal:

Age 65 is coming so get over it. You don't like it? Too bad. When you are 59 and making the most money of your career you won't be complaining I bet.

I am young enough that when the age 65 rule comes out, I too will be held back in seniority and might have to wait awhile to upgrade. It sucks but in the long run I will make more money.

This industry is constantly changing. Either change with it or get out.

In the long run you'll make less money.

Really? Have you looked around these forums? I swear people only come here to argue and pick fights. Age 65 is just another topic to throw stones at. :laugh:
"I got a job at DAL!"
"DAL sucks and so do you."

"Age 65 is a good change."
"No it's not, you need to die."

My plane is bigger than your plane... My airline can beat up your airline... If you can read this, you're lowering the bar by existing...

I think I come here for the entertainment.

Pocono,

I think you are right about the low pay, and lack of insurance. I am embarrassed that I voted yes in '05 for this thing; and it cost myself as well as others.

But that is not what you attacked the CO pilot group with in the beginning of this thread. You grouped us all as anti age 60, and that just was not the truth; because you did NOT get the facts before you shot your mouth off.

So just go off and "Peace Out"

Good one ACWild; I think you nailed a certain mindset that exists. Oh, to be consistent ,you and your airline are not worthy.

Hi!

SWAPA (and SWA mgmt) has been supporting 65 for years. I thought I remembered the FedEx pilots also supporting it???

cliff
YIP

Pocono Pilot and aHOG10pilot = not even 7000 hours combined....

Intelligent post there Skywriter. If Hogpilot does in fact have 4k in the HOG it sure as hell isn't the same as 4k in a civilian plane sitting on cruise up at altitude. Not to many civilians flying around at night with NVG's, coordinating with x number of a/c to put bombs on target all while getting shot at. Then again, he also isn't shooting cat III approaches to mins like the airline guys. Two different skill sets, but just because he only has 4k hours doesn't mean he is inexperienced.

why is this so wrong?

This is so wrong in so many ways....

I would like to think that all you wanted to just retire early. But I think the only reason most of you want it not to change is greed. Pure ALPA style greed. You want the seniorty now, no matter what the concequences. You do not even think that there are many who will have to work til 65 to live. At first I thought it was all those who had great pensions that did not support the change. But hearing the idiots in the crew room who just want to screw over the older guys, so they can get their higher seniority, makes me shake my head in disgust. (oh, when the senior guys have screwed the junior guys I did the same, I just refuse to play that game.) Guess what, do whats right, support the change, its happening anyway. Oh yes, when doing contracts, do not sell out one portion so you can get your own. ALPA, set the bar, be unified.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back