• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unaccompanied Minors and AMR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you stupid? Why don't you call the person you authorized to pick them up and find out? AA cannot verify your identity on the phone.

Why didn't you tell the person picking up your child to call you immediately? I don't think I could ever put my kids on a flight alone. However, I would make damn sure that I had direct contact with the person picking them up. Crazy.

You can get an extra cellphone. You can have the phone provider block texting (AT&T did it for me). That way you can have the kid call you directly. I assume there is an ex involved, so you don't have to worry about being blown off by her. But hey, even if there is no ex, grandma and grandpa forget things sometimes! I agree that the airline can't verify who you are over the phone, and I don't want them to give out that info unless they can verify it. I also understand your frustration, so get the extra phone!:beer:

Hey, at least you didn't put him/her on XJT. You may never have seen your kid again. :laugh:

How about paying for your own ticket and taking them there yourself? We are airlines not babysitters.

How about having a little more respect for the people who pay your salary.

On second thought, keep it up. It's good for my company's business. :D

Look Im just saying, if it is such a big deal take them yourself. Dont sit on FI biotching about what the airline will or wont tell you.

It is like captains duties, you can delegate it (or pay someone else to do it), but it does not relieve you of the responsibility of acomplishing said duties.

I personally would never trust any airline with my children alone. I would do the right thing and take them myself. Rag me all you want. I still believe in doing things right.

Latest resources

Back