• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ultimate Aviation Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm also kinda partial to the seaplanes-in-Florida thing... anyone read the aticle on Chalk's Airline in the newest Flying magazine?

Soaring AFA

I would love to be the chief pilot for the Air Force Academy soaring program. That would be my dream job. As far as I am concerned, all glider pilots have the "Right Stuff".

Last edited:
larry said:
One where I get to fly planes and make enough money to live and I'm home enough that I don't get divorced.

Anybody have that job?

I believe at Boeing we call them Test Pilots. Now if we could just get the company to move production to Florida, it would be the perfect job.

Lots of great ideas here! Many beach/island oriented themes.

I've always thought the best job in the world, let alone in aviation, is the lead solo pilot for the Thunderbirds, #5. This is the guy who does the 9-G demonstration turn in full burner, flies the vertical climb through the middle of the bomb burst maneuver, the one who sneaks up on the crowd from the right and blows by at mach stink when the crowd is looking left at the graceful diamond roll, and the one who does all the mirror passes inverted. In fact, if you look closely at the airplanes you'll see the number 5 painted upside down on the side of the intake, because he's always inverted. Forgive the macho BS aspect of it (and actually there's really very little of that, based on my personal knowledge of the guys who do it--they're just real stand-up professionals), but I just think it's got to be a glorious thing to wake up every day knowing you're going to demonstrate the grace and power of the USAF to the world that day, in an immaculate, red white and blue F-16. My friend Lefty and I shared desks at pilot training and we talked about this, many years ago. He did very well in pilot training and in fighters, and ended up living the dream -- 3 years on the team, two as number 5. Just a great guy, and a great story. After all, there's only one job like that in the world.

DC-3... Super Cub... Blue Angels... Thunder Birds... Sean Tucker... Figher Pilot... Soaring instructor that makes enough to eat without a second job...

Dream... dreams... I hope to one day, have enough money to buy my own tail dragger, and live on my own grass strip in the middle of no where.

Hey AeroDMB....that doesn't happen to stand for Dave Matthews Band....does it?? If not, well then my bad. Speaking of ultimate aviation job....it would just be carryin' the Dave Matthews Band around on their nice private....whatever.....just being able to chill with the band would be awesome!

Just saw the DMB in the title and I was on the thread.....and yes I am an avid Dave Matthews Fan....

Peace,
LT

Being in business successfully for myself and owning my own piece of big iron like a G IV or Cit X which I use to fly where and whenever I want . That has to be the ultimate.

flying a lear jet for that rock star who was in that MTV TV show based in his house.

or flying for richard branson and VIRGIN airlines

Flying 757s out of LAS...AND getting paid more than a manager at In-N-Out Burger :p

Didn't work the 1st time :rolleyes:

How about bailing out, and flying a G-V, helicopter, and float plane for a rock and roll Billionaire? All over the world, no worries, no wants.

I'm sure going to miss my wife...
:D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back