• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got a few (I try to be versatile):

- F/A-18 pilot with the Blue Angels
- Caravan on floats flying in the Carribean
- Large corporate jet pilot (G-550, Falcon 900EX, Cit X) with my bride as the FA (she doesn't like the pilot stuff too much but loves to fly otherwise) and my current instructor and I trading captain and FO seats on each flight, workday starts at 0930 and ends at 1730 when we get in our company provided helicopters or bush planes and fly back to our homes. Pay would be better than reasonable and who cares about retirement if you love what you're doing that much.

chawbein: I wonder what a C-5B would look like on floats :eek: :eek: :eek: :D Then again, the Spruce Goose did fly once.

I have always been fond of the early jetliners. I would love to be able to go back in time and fly a 707, VC-10, DC-8 (none of those CFM's, thank you),or CV-880/990. In my current (unemployed) position I would settle for something that would just pay the bills.

Cheers,
Skyking:cool:

Vintage a/c

skyking1976 said:
I have always been fond of the early jetliners. I would love to be able to go back in time and fly a 707, VC-10, DC-8 (none of those CFM's, thank you),or CV-880/990.
I feel the same way, about Connies and DC-3s, especially. How about a Vickers Viscount for turbine?

To add a few more...

How about the Lockheed L188 Electra, DC-7, Vickers Vanguard, Bristol Britannia, DeHavilland Comet, BAC Trident or any old turboJET (not fan) powered aircraft.

Sure. Though I don't think I'd be all that interested in a BAC 1-11, though it was an RJ a generation before its time.

If it would pay the same as my current job, I'd fly seaplanes in the Florida Keys during the day. I wouldn't own a pair of long pants. And I'd sing, "Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year, and I'll feel fine..."

Otherwise, I'd be happy to move about three feet to the left of where I am now...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back