Ultimate Aviation Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AeroDMB

If you had your choice of say a "dream job" in Aviation, what would it be?

It could even be the one you're in right now.

One where I get to fly planes and make enough money to live and I'm home enough that I don't get divorced.

Anybody have that job?

Flight instructing in a Citation X that pays me enough to for me and an eventual family to live comfortably. :D

Flying boxes in a 777, Monday thru Friday, 9 to 5. If anyone knows of a job like this, let me know.

Sorry, larry. I already have that dream job as a ground instructor for a great regional. We even get to fly from time to time.

Fortunately, this job would not be to other's liking and that's what makes this world so great. Different people enjoy different things and many people get to have a job they love.

ox·y·mo·ron ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ks-môrn, -mr-)
n. pl. ox·y·mo·ra (-môr, -mr) or ox·y·mo·rons
A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

As long as we're making up jobs

For the fantasy dream job... Pilot for the travelling Swedish Bikini Team.

For the real one... an Instructor with an airline.

I always figured that flying for Jimmy Buffet would be about as good as it gets in the corporate world. I don't mean benefits, pensions, etc.... How about wearing shorts and sandals to work with your favorite baseball cap. Tropical destinations, a boss who understands aviation, cool equipment, the rare sailboat trip, partying with parrotheads on tour.......... if only I knew the right people.

A regular old Captain's seat flying the line at a Major with a base in my hometown that won't furlough me or go bankrupt until I retire would suit me just fine. I would only need the last three years flying their biggest iron to maximize retirement.

Although, the guy at ASA that takes deliveries of all the new RJs during the week and flies the CAF Corsair at airshows on weekends doesn't have it too bad, either. But I'm gettting up there in years so I'll need the bigger salary...

Latest resources

Back