• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UGLIEST PLANE!!!! opinions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Japanese (Coast Guard?) have this four engine turboprop seaplane that is pretty darn ugly. Also, it seems to be about the slowest thing in the sky too.

(With apoligies to any Murray/CCAir alum):
The CASA 212.The CASA looks like a SD360 that sat out in the sun too long.The Shorts looks like the box the CASA came in.I reckon the Shorts is a retract so the crew could log complex time-I can imagine the surge in speed when the gear retracts that 8" or so.I've seen helos with more chord than a Shorts.The EMB110 is plenty ugly,too.

Soviet equipment

Some Soviet amphibians aren't the best looking, either. I won't go so far as to say "ugly," though. Just, "different":

http://www.beriev.com/core.html

In particular, check out the 14M1P on this site. It looks like a retarded, jet-powered He-111. This is an ugly airplane.

One of my all-time favorite aircraft is the TU-95 bomber. Once again, "different":

http://legion.wplus.net/guide/air/b/tu95km-1.jpg

Last edited:
I fly a Geo Prism. It does not have wings, but, without question, I fly it (just really low to the ground) and take my word for it. This plane is ugly. ;)

Ali

How about ugliest GA plane?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Beech Sundowner/Sierra/Duchess airframe. Something about the side windows that I don't like. Kind of goofy looking.

Of course, now somehow the Duchesses that I fly are going to know I said this, and I'll be cursed with a string of terrible landings! Women!

GA plane? How bout a Piper Apache!!! Talk bout flyin a potato...

How about the sabreliner. Looks like that plane fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Latest resources

Back