• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UFlyMike Receives Official TSO Certification

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Schweet!! Great product. It sure makes listening to "No Shoes Radio" on XM hassle free, especially when you're on a long run in the Gulfstream.

Thanks again Mike!

Last edited:
QUESTION: Is it just the UFlyMike adapter that received TSO cert. or the adapter AND Headset?

The TSO certification states:

UFlyMike Aviation Headset AND UFlyMike Adapter.

Also true about the earbud. The QC2 is a mechanical headband that provides ANR and redundant audio capability. The earbud operates independently of the QC2. You don't even need to have it in your ear, just in the earcup so you will know if the QC2 audio has failed.

Wonder how those other headset companies make headsets that NEVER fail and NEVER do so without warning...

Mike

The TSO certification states:

UFlyMike Aviation Headset AND UFlyMike Adapter.

Also true about the earbud. The QC2 is a mechanical headband that provides ANR and redundant audio capability. The earbud operates independently of the QC2. You don't even need to have it in your ear, just in the earcup so you will know if the QC2 audio has failed.

Wonder how those other headset companies make headsets that NEVER fail and NEVER do so without warning...

Mike

Mike, Just so I understand... The TSO applies to both the UFlyMike Adapter AND the Bose headset?

You typed "UFlyMike Aviation Headset", which, in my mind, is speaking for Bose.

Don't get me wrong, I want one, bad! But, my employer may try to say that only a part of the headset is TSO'd, and accordingly forbade it. In other words, under the newly-issued TSO, they absolutely 100% cannot do this?

Thanks, Mike.

Congrats... This will boost sales big time.
So how did it work? Did the adapter change, the standards change or was it just a matter of convincing the Feds that it always had always met the requirements?

W-dog,

The QC2 is used as a mechanical headband. If your company only requires a boom mic, you don't need to use the earbud and may use the audio from the QC2 instead of the earbud.

If anyone asks if the QC2 is TSO'd answer is "no" because no single component of a TSO'd article is TSO'd independently. It would be like asking if the resistors are TSO'd....

Does the QC2 cause any issues, if used, i.e., RF or EM interference? No. Does it alter the electronic circuitry in any way? No.

Poa,

The TSO'd version is externally identical to all previous versions. Internally, the chanages were minimal. A TSO is about manufacturing standards, not reliability, safety or performance. The performance standards which are described are MINIMUM standards established in the 1950s. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Mike

W-dog,

The QC2 is used as a mechanical headband. If your company only requires a boom mic, you don't need to use the earbud and may use the audio from the QC2 instead of the earbud.

If anyone asks if the QC2 is TSO'd answer is "no" because no single component of a TSO'd article is TSO'd independently. It would be like asking if the resistors are TSO'd....

Does the QC2 cause any issues, if used, i.e., RF or EM interference? No. Does it alter the electronic circuitry in any way? No.

Poa,

The TSO'd version is externally identical to all previous versions. Internally, the chanages were minimal. A TSO is about manufacturing standards, not reliability, safety or performance. The performance standards which are described are MINIMUM standards established in the 1950s. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Mike

So only the UFM component is TSO'd? Not the Bose Component? Need a yes/no answer for each (considering the unit for myself). Thanks.

Peace.

Rekks

Latest resources

Back