• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAV's for UPT Grads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no idea how good the students that got the UAV's are. However, it appears that a Vance T-1 grad got 1 UAV, and a Laughlin T-38 grad got another.

They will do 3 years in the drone, then get assigned a manned aircraft,.... just about the time their peers are getting assigned to a drone from their manned aircraft.
On the bright side, they'll get very marketable experience in the Pred/Reaper.
And it's a better deal than the banked pilot deal of the early 90's.... or the stuff the happened in the late 70's.

They will do 3 years in the drone, then get assigned a manned aircraft,.... just about the time their peers are getting assigned to a drone from their manned aircraft.
On the bright side, they'll get very marketable experience in the Pred/Reaper.
And it's a better deal than the banked pilot deal of the early 90's.... or the stuff the happened in the late 70's.

well I suppose I would rather get it done with at the front of my flying career than always have the prospect hanging over my head.

nothing like UAV's at the end when you have those resumes out at the airlines....

I am sure UAV currency goes a long way at FedEx...

well I suppose I would rather get it done with at the front of my flying career than always have the prospect hanging over my head.

nothing like UAV's at the end when you have those resumes out at the airlines....

Front...end??? What I thought I read was UAV, manned, Pentagon, UAV, manned, Pentagon, and like that.

They can't let you go...you'll know too much.

or the stuff the happened in the late 70's.

it happened to my father in the early/mid seventies. went to F-4's out of UPT then after 2 years his unit went away with the Vietnam draw down. his only options were pentagon or EC/KC-135's. So he flew 135's until 78 when he could get out and on with the airlines. he was able to return to fighters (O-2 and A-37) in the guard.

Front...end??? What I thought I read was UAV, manned, Pentagon, UAV, manned, Pentagon, and like that.

They can't let you go...you'll know too much.

Exactly. Tell them that now, then yank the carpet out from under them with the "needs of the service."

'What is the training track for UAV? MS sim flight, solo an RC?

Latest resources

Back