• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UALPA response to jumpseat threat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If word around the campfire is correct, congrats to all; congrats to UAL for upholding their end of the JS agreements, and congrats to UAX for taking a stand.

Word is an agreement was reached today to revert to using paper jumpseat forms which list the correct priority on them.

In the long run, how much will the cost United vs. just fixing the damn problem?

In the long run, how much will the cost United vs. just fixing the damn problem?

That is really not for you or I to concern ourselves... you dispatch... I'll fly... let UAL run their company, for better or worse.... We are not paid to ask such questions or know the answers....

UAL gets to spend their money the way they want....

That is really not for you or I to concern ourselves... you dispatch... I'll fly... let UAL run their company, for better or worse.... We are not paid to ask such questions or know the answers....

UAL gets to spend their money the way they want....

Sir, yes, sir!

Say, how is it you are able to hold the yoke with both of those pom-poms in your hands?

Last edited:
Sir, yes, sir!

No need! I am saying that your question is trying to control something we do not. To even waste time on it in thought is futile... control what you can...

Say, how is it you are able to hold the yoke with both of those pom-poms in your hands?

The same way you hold a milkshake and burger in your hands and still dispatch...!!

Looks like the letter worked and served it's purpose quite well...Well done UAX pilots!

Looks like the letter worked and served it's purpose quite well...Well done UAX pilots!

This is the key point isn't it? UAX pilots made a threat and the tactic apparently worked. It sends the message that:

1. The UAL pilots had the influence they denied they had;

2. Jumpseat wars work;

3. UAX pilots have a lot more power than previously thought;

4. ALPA national's jumpseat policy is irrelevant.

I just hope this doesn't backfire later. Glad it's resolved.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back