• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL using Wilson Polling to ask mainline pilots about 70-100 seaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not true. I fly with some of the most senior guys out there on my fleet and NONE are willing to budge an inch on scope.

You may try again, but next time mention that the reduction in scope would include a $1 off coupon for Panda Express for lunch.

People always equate scope with the outsourcing of regional and smaller aircraft feed. However United showed their hand by outsourcing
IAD-MAD to Aer Lingus. This now directly affects the senior group, they know that of United can outsource they will outsource and it all has to be protected under our new contract.

Mainline pilots will sell out when the price is right. The majority could care less about losing leverage in negotiations by having to negotiate to actually achieve small airplane rates and work rules. However, right out of the playbook, the small plane negotiations will be used to improve payrates and benefits on larger equipment. The only pilots that care about this are the minority--junior pilots.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about.

its good to hear the senior ones speaking up about holding strong on scope. Lets hope any carrots dangled are not enough to change enough guys minds.

Here's the thing. The greedy old ba$tards that brought us scope relief over the last ten years saw how it eroded their earnings when they thought it wouldn't touch them. The bonus means nothing when you lose your seat, your equipment, or get stuck flying the $hitty trips. Scope affects everybody. It just took some a lot longer to see that.

The people you talk about are long gone, it was more like 18/20 years ago.

Then again, if I were GL I'd be more interested in his company's $100 million investment in GOL shares than UAL pilot surveys.

More concerned? I guess you don't know much about it obviously. It was an investment in feed. Not only did we get two 767s out of the deal, we also guaranteed that we will be GOL's exclusive North American partner. We don't have the rights to fly INTRA Brasil, so we get them as a partner and they bring us connecting passengers from within Brazil to Sao Paulo, Rio, Brasilia, and maybe more cities we now apply for. I think we still have rights to Forteleza, Salvador de Bahia, and Manaus (all 3 we used to fly to, but didn't have the feed to ensure full flights, until now). The stock for GOL was fairly cheap, but a few big events coming up here (World Soccer and the Olympics) will probably make those a pretty good investment. And, last but not least, if the airline can afford to buy $100 million in shares of another company (and $65 million in Aeromexico before this), they can probably afford to pay us a nice raise. Anytime you can point to specific purchases, your argument becomes a bit stronger.....

Thanks for caring!

Bye Bye---General Lee

My exact word was "interested", not "concerned", but thanks for playing.

I've been told that I'm crazy, but RAH is reconfiguring several 170s into a 69-seat configuration and I think that it has a lot to do with this.

no its delta aircraft so they can squeeze 9 seats in first class instead of 6 these are former mid-atlantic aircraft

My exact word was "interested", not "concerned", but thanks for playing.

Thanks for playing, eh? You got hosed by a blanket of facts. You're welcome.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And, last but not least, if the airline can afford to buy $100 million in shares of another company (and $65 million in Aeromexico before this), they can probably afford to pay us a nice raise. Anytime you can point to specific purchases, your argument becomes a bit stronger.....

Thanks for caring!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Preach it Rev GL! Preach it!!!

Latest resources

Back