• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL to Furlough?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pipe down junior....stop pretending to be a United pilot.

is.

Funny, that's the same thing we say to the sCAL pilots. I can't wait to clear out of TK south next month. It's gonna be fun teaching the sCAL cadets how a real United pilot flies the guppy. By the way, your guppy training is pathetic. At least the cafeteria is first class. LOL!

From UALAFA:

"1. United Flight Attendants Subject to Involuntary Furlough

Today AFA Representatives met with the company to review the final bids and award for Voluntary Furlough & Partnership. Despite our position that our Contract prohibits the involuntary furlough of any of our Members as a result of productivity improvements from our 2012-2016 Contract, United management has stated that there will be an involuntary furlough.

Voluntary Furlough was awarded to 1,113 Flight Attendants who submitted bids with the most junior Voluntary Furlough awarded at System Seniority number 12,496; on the System Seniority List dated January 8, 2014, with an inflight classification seniority of May 1, 2006.

Because the number of those submitting Voluntary Furlough bids were not senior enough to hold the Voluntary Furlough, the company pursued Partnership as a means of reducing the number of Flight Attendants potentially placed on involuntary furlough status. Following a review of the Partnership bids submitted, the company awarded 140 Partnerships. The most junior Partnership was awarded at System Seniority Number 12,640 with an Inflight Classification Seniority date of October 30, 2006.

Based on the seniority of the senior bidders, not all Voluntary Furloughs or Partnerships were awarded. We encouraged the company to award all Voluntary Furlough and Partnership bids on file, but they declined to do so. As a result, there is a deficit in the numbers needed to attain the reduction in force desired by the company.

As a consequence, United has announced an involuntary furlough affecting many of our most junior Members. These are junior to and including System Seniority Number 12,662 on the January 8, 2014 System Seniority List, with an Inflight Classification date of November 27, 2006, splitting a class.

We met with management this afternoon and again offered a number of solutions intended to avoid an involuntary furlough, while also addressing the company's needs to manage an overage in manpower. We will continue to work collaboratively towards a solution.

It's important to remember that with the announcement today, we are at the beginning, not the end. The effective date of the involuntary furlough is April 1, 2014, which allows time to continue working with management to find alternatives and solutions. In the meantime, we will use outside legal counsel to represent our Flight Attendant interests and will pursue all legal avenues, including the Grievance and Arbitration process.

There is still time to award all Voluntary Furlough and Partnership bids on file, and manage any overage through discretionary time off programs. We appreciate our flying partners who participated in these programs, to help save the jobs of our most junior Members. In this same spirit, we call on management to do the right thing."

FRAUDSTER AIR MIKE

My favorite quotes from a pretender wannabe:

Feb 2013
From what I have seen as an outsider, most of the posts regarding the merger on multiple internet forums have been started by United pilots. It all seems a bit desperate. I envision a cornered rat every time I see a new post about the SIL or how the furloughed guys are not going to be stapled. Just my $.02. I hope it all works out and I can't wait to be flying at United in a few years. Cheers!

May 2013
These narrowbody airplanes are going to be so cool to fly. if we get them at Republic, I think we could be the next SWA. since our costs are lower, we could have explosive growth! LOL! Sweeeeet!

Yeah....A united pilot in your wet dreams junior.

There you go with that broad brush again. 80%??? I was on the Strike Com and WE didn't know the break down of the vote but you do.....I don't think anyone took a pay cut but if you consider Hr caps, yea, you may have took a W2 hit because you couldn't whore youself out anymore for 130hrs a month. If you had any clue as to what grievances are worth you would realize the $38M was record setting x20. Also that $38m diluted the LUAL profit sharing, a grievance we won, and is in the arbs hands now for damages. You must still be getting your info from JP. I guess the more you repeat it the more it becomes fact. You're pathetic!

You mean like the 280+ grievances currently waiting to be heard? Those grievances? Like the ones that might get heard in the next few years? Or in the next decade? What are those worth? Jack-diddly-squat. Ridiculous and sad.

Wait.....lets sign the contract and grieve the items we couldn't fix to keep CAL pilots from upgrading. We don't want those seats 'cause were united and we only fly wide bodies. Lying sacks of ********************.

You CAL guys fly too much....100 hrs of pay a month and 19 days off. Lets sign a contract that gives us 20 hr 4 day trips and eliminates 1, 2, and 3 day trips so we can ALL fly 78 hrs a month and have 13-14 days off 'cause that's they way it's done at united. We would rather be on a 33 layover than at home. Retarded to nth degree.

Has nothing to do with any of the BS you mentioned above but it does have everything to do with CONTROL. Every seat on every committee chair is filled by a LUAL pilot. LCAL representation is worthless and non-existent. Hey guys, file a pdr. That will get us moving. We don't want to talk to you. We'll just put out repetitive, moronic, mec updates, sometimes 4 a day about the same crap and we'll tell the company how bad ass we are and were just not gonna take it anymore 'cause that's how it's done at united.

Oh and last but not least, how about the stupid little game LUAL pilots play to see who can capture the most cancellations in a month. That's how flying is done 'cause were united. Not sure about that......ask about the recent charter that cancelled on a LUAL 757 cause the airport wasn't in the fms database.

See you all for another trip through BK in 3-5 years...................:puke:

Honestly the temper tantrum throwing CAL pilot sounds just as stupid as the UAL trash talking Jumbonaught.

You just better hope you're not on the list of sCAL pilots suing over the SLI because pretty soon, every Real United pilot will have it. And nobody on that list is riding my jumpseat on the 37 after I get out of TK South next month. You can take that to the bank, son. Now I have to get over to some restaurant named Hoot County. Giggity!

You just better hope you're not on the list of sCAL pilots suing over the SLI because pretty soon, every Real United pilot will have it. And nobody on that list is riding my jumpseat on the 37 after I get out of TK South next month. You can take that to the bank, son. Now I have to get over to some restaurant named Hoot County. Giggity!

You mean no one will ride your 737 flight sim jumpseat? Loser pretender.

Air Mike.....you have been outed as an rj wannebe at best. Go ask your Mom for another $10 so you can make a new screen name.

Good luck with that.............:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back