• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL to Furlough?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, it's true. UAL alpa was just as bad as Lorenzo. Glad we agree. And you didn't call me on a thing. While it's technically correct that AFA can point the finger at mgt, the larger truth is they are throwing most of their membership under the bus. The AFA has got wake up and do the right thing. FAs need to be able to work the same sort of schedules that are worked elsewhere. You and I do that as pilots, right? If anything we're working more than most pilots who fly for companies we compete with.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's true. UAL alpa was just as bad as Lorenzo. Glad we agree. And you didn't call me on a thing. While it's technically correct that AFA can point the finger at mgt, the larger truth is they are throwing most of their membership under the bus. The AFA has got wake up and do the right thing. FAs need to be able to work the same sort of schedules that are worked elsewhere. You and I do that as pilots, right? If anything we're working more than most pilots who fly for companies we compete with.

So "doing the right thing" to you is giving concessions for nothing in return in a non concessionary environment. God help us!!! Totally dfifferent culture...

So which work rules do you think they should give up?

So "doing the right thing" to you is giving concessions for nothing in return in a non concessionary environment. God help us!!! Totally dfifferent culture...

From the guy who's group votes 80+% in favor of pay cuts. AND who's group throws a fit when cal trades a single aisle grievance for profit sharing. (You wanted us to do something for you because you couldn't win your own grievances)

Last edited:
I think you two should meet in person and hash out your differences. I'll just pull up a chair, some popcorn and enjoy it.:D

From the guy who's group votes 80+% in favor of pay cuts. AND who's group throws a fit when cal trades a single aisle grievance for profit sharing. (You wanted us to do something for you because you couldn't win your own grievances)

There you go with that broad brush again. 80%??? I was on the Strike Com and WE didn't know the break down of the vote but you do.....I don't think anyone took a pay cut but if you consider Hr caps, yea, you may have took a W2 hit because you couldn't whore youself out anymore for 130hrs a month. If you had any clue as to what grievances are worth you would realize the $38M was record setting x20. Also that $38m diluted the LUAL profit sharing, a grievance we won, and is in the arbs hands now for damages. You must still be getting your info from JP. I guess the more you repeat it the more it becomes fact. You're pathetic!

First of all, we voted 75% in the affirmative for our bankruptcy era contract, not 80+ you simpleton. Secondly, after I'm done teaching you the United way of preflight briefing, get your ass out there and do a proper walk around. I'll take the steak. Hope you're enjoying the current vacancy bid snapshot, lol!

There you go with that broad brush again. 80%??? I was on the Strike Com and WE didn't know the break down of the vote but you do.....I don't think anyone took a pay cut but if you consider Hr caps, yea, you may have took a W2 hit because you couldn't whore youself out anymore for 130hrs a month. If you had any clue as to what grievances are worth you would realize the $38M was record setting x20. Also that $38m diluted the LUAL profit sharing, a grievance we won, and is in the arbs hands now for damages. You must still be getting your info from JP. I guess the more you repeat it the more it becomes fact. You're pathetic!

I would rather have not done the deal for profit sharing. But I was even more adverse to the UAL side telling us what to do after our scope clause got wrecked the way it did. But you did win that grievance and I hope you get something.

To the point of the thread, and to answer the earlier question: they shouldn't forfeit any work rules freely, they should get something for sure. But I don't think we've got much of an airline in the future if the FA group doesn't elevate their game from a LUAL standpoint. Service is suspect and safety/security has never really been in the equation. I'm all for them getting a great big contract, seriously. But some core changes have got to take place.

First of all, we voted 75% in the affirmative for our bankruptcy era contract, not 80+ you simpleton. Secondly, after I'm done teaching you the United way of preflight briefing, get your ass out there and do a proper walk around. I'll take the steak. Hope you're enjoying the current vacancy bid snapshot, lol!

Pipe down junior....stop pretending to be a United pilot.

Look up this clown's past posts and you'll find out what a fraud he is.

Latest resources

Back