• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL to Furlough?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You want to defend the AFA, go ahead Chppr. Probably more than a third of their members want the CAL work rules. I fly with actual UAL FA crossovers and all if them blame the AFA. The AFA can't work with anyone.

You want to defend the AFA, go ahead Chppr. Probably more than a third of their members want the CAL work rules. I fly with actual UAL FA crossovers and all if them blame the AFA. The AFA can't work with anyone.

I'm not defending the AFA just correcting rumors. The name on the Union hall door doesn't matter, the same people step up to serve. The membership is AFA as is ALPA...The entity isn't the boogie man some folks make them out to be. As to you flying with a lot of UAL f/a's, I'm married to one, hang out with a lot of them and fly with ALL LUAL f/a's.

The more I read this the more I chuckle. You mean lack of LCAL work rules?? AFA moved towards the LCAL f/a's so called work rules on their last contract, got rid of the cap like LCAL, gave relief on flight time restrictions like LCAL and now they are furloughing because they gave relief on work rules and are overstaffed. I guess that "work, work, work till you die" culture over at LCAL bleeds thru all employee groups. And YES, we are at a major airline now, work the least for the most!!

Chppr I'm done talking about this with you. This has to be the least of our concerns. I get that you're trying to project this onto a cal v UAL pilot or culture thing. Have fun with that.

Chppr I'm done talking about this with you. This has to be the least of our concerns. I get that you're trying to project this onto a cal v UAL pilot or culture thing. Have fun with that.

That's NOT what I'm trying to do. I corrected the false assumption that the AFA is at fault. YOU brought up the fact that LUAL want LCAL work rules, which may be true with a small minority. The vote is complete, AFA won, good or bad. The fact is MANAGEMENT turned down the crossover......

The fact that it [FA crossover] ever existed, and that it is what our union was able to do for pilots, means the two sides should have been able to iron it out. The failure was APA. Big picture: (and now I'll project this onto the pilot side) Not one single CAL pilot believes, that if UAL was hiring and CAL had furloughed [pilots], would UAL have given us jobs. In fact, there isn't anybody anywhere that believes that. AFA is sorta doing the same thing, but their hurting their own members and trying to blame someone else.

Last edited:
And btw: this has zero to do with the principle of max pay for least work. This has much more to do with a group of employees who can't physically perform an amount of work the job requires, clinging to outdated work rules.

Not one single CAL pilot believes, that if UAL was hiring and CAL had furloughed [pilots], would UAL have given us jobs. In fact, there isn't anybody anywhere that believes that.
You mean if LCAL had had 1500 furloughs and LUAL had had none? No doubt about that one. I think we'd still have 1500 LCAL pilots on the street. Instead they're all guppy captains now.

Last edited:
The fact that it [FA crossover] ever existed, and that it is what our union was able to do for pilots, means the two sides should have been able to iron it out. The failure was APA. Big picture: (and now I'll project this onto the pilot side) Not one single CAL pilot believes, that if UAL was hiring and CAL had furloughed [pilots], would UAL have given us jobs. In fact, there isn't anybody anywhere that believes that. AFA is sorta doing the same thing, but their hurting their own members and trying to blame someone else.

For someone who didn't want to drift to a UAL vs CAL thread you sure jumped in head first. You ALWAYS paint with a broad stroke. You were wrong about the crossover, I called you on it...get over it. Now you think you and ALL the CAL pilots know what UAL would have done if roles were reversed, going back 25 years to the Frontier debacle. What were the CAL pilots doing then??? Oh yea, scabbing and waiting to accept the EAL flying Lorenzo eventually stole....... Glass houses!!!!

Latest resources

Back