• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL radio transmissions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Delta's 768 Heavy....they never drop the "Heavy", even when not required at altitude..

It's because EVERYONE needs to know they fly "The ER!"

Depends on the country your operating in....

Yeah, I'm well aware, thanks. I'm speaking of THIS country and I think Fedex comes in a distant second in this regard but combine the( 's )possessive with the unnecessary "HEAVY" and you get a most annoying aircraft to follow over our nation's heartland(and I have many a time, once all the way to Frankfurt)....

Last edited:
I looked at that 10 meter radio on the website, but said what the hell...and ordered the 20 meter.

Chicks really dig the bigger radio.

and here I thought the callsign "Deltas" was their way of identifying themselves as Delta South pilots. lol

Depends on the country your operating in....

Not really... Nobody uses that outside the US... Only time you see it above approach control is in Hawaii, where HCF the combined facility uses it all the time, I'm always missing it and I've even had one captain correct me "it's Hawaiian 1 Heavy, haven't you ever flown a wide body before?" ... Sigh

Delta's is singular possessive but the real annoyance is when Cactus then gets on and says, "cacti" which is plural, non-possessive. I find this odd.

Latest resources

Back