UAL Profit WTF seriously love accounting rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks,

wow...11 year guy sitting FO reserve. Sure hope my kids avoid aviation.

so how many actual pilots is that to early '99?

Whats scary is that with all of UAL's furlough's and capacity cuts resulting in a small profit Everybody else will be accelerating their cuts to catch up. Welcome to unemployment gents.

Supposedly UAL's COO resigned from ATA prior to being fired for cooking the books. I can't substantiate that, but if true, that might explain their 'profits'.

Anyone know if that's true?

Supposedly UAL's COO resigned from ATA prior to being fired for cooking the books. I can't substantiate that, but if true, that might explain their 'profits'.

Resigning from a company will not get you out prosecution. Either the SEC (US prosecutor) or IRS will follow you to the ends of the earth for legitimate "cooking of books".

John Tague probably isn't smart enough to know how to cook the books. He was "stealing" money from the dedicated L-1011 Maintenance funds to prop up the money-losing scheduled service. He also entered into a deal with Boeing that paid ATA a million bucks cash for every shiny new airplane he took delivery of. The downside was that ATA was paying 2-3 times the market rate for a lease on the new airplanes.

Tague will definately burn in airline HELL.

Latest resources

Back