UAL posts big loss in 1st Q

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
I just want to know how UAL left $700M in cost reductions untouched in Ch.11? That's the whole friggin' point of being in Ch.11.

BTW, of the $4.5B, how much is unencumbered? TC

If they had used those other reductions then UAL management couldn't have sucker punched their employees with those wage cuts. You also hit a point I touched on earlier, I am guessing most of that money is pledged.

Loco

32LT10 said:
So if UAL were to fold in DIA and IAD after SWA entered the market would you claim that it was the UA business model or the competition that doomed them?
Both.

Can you say new paint job?

32LT10 said:
lowiq,

So if UAL were to fold in DIA and IAD after SWA entered the market would you claim that it was the UA business model or the competition that doomed them? Your two faces are showing.

It is JBLU that will find SWA at IAD the most troublesome. UAL has been dealing with LCC traffic at IAD for a long time. We had Song, Metrojet, Flyi and now SWA. The ATC issues alone at IAD will be a pleasure to see SWA operate in.

In DIA UAL has been battling F9 for several years and I suspect that F9 will be the next domino to fall. You yourself said they needed to merge with JBLU to survive and Holly just put them on the Titanic watch list. Also heard that SWA was already upset with the DIA user fees. Like you said with fuel hedges expiring at SWA the need to find homes for the new airplanes is imperative. The need to find profitable homes is urgent.
What a silly person. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'd like to respond but can't stop laughing.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You should be Ken Lays attorney.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:pimp:

lowecur said:
All the cost cutting in the world can't undue poor mgt decisions. This is an airline that is ripe for consolidation with CAL. If that happens, look for hub closers in CLE, DIA, and IAD. LAX, SFO need to remain viable due to strong Pacific rim route network. If that happens, B6 need not worry about FRNT.

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/stocks/transportation/10284083.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

You guys can calm down a little. A good part of that loss was the stock distributions that UAL had to give to employee groups upon emergence from BK. But glad to see that bad UAL news brightened a few days out there TIC. Hate UAL now? You'll hate UAL more later.

lowecur said:
What a silly person. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'd like to respond but can't stop laughing.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You should be Ken Lays attorney.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't you get it Lowecur? 32 does. This loss from United, the F9 vs SWA "battle" -- why, everything in the airline business is related to jb and its impending doom.

Last edited:
D-Bo said:
You guys can calm down a little. A good part of that loss was the stock distributions that UAL had to give to employee groups upon emergence from BK. But glad to see that bad UAL news brightened a few days out there TIC. Hate UAL now? You'll hate UAL more later.

What are you, new? Airline voodoo is the soup du jour on this website. Besides, maybe there are some out there that wish no ill will on the airline, they just like seeing that uber-pilot, 32LT10, with his panties in a twist. I like to call it the "B6 Syndrome."

The ATC issues alone at IAD will be a pleasure to see SWA operate in.

We are handling Philly! Baby :D

Latest resources

Back