UAL posts big loss in 1st Q

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
I just want to know how UAL left $700M in cost reductions untouched in Ch.11? That's the whole friggin' point of being in Ch.11.

BTW, of the $4.5B, how much is unencumbered? TC

Their are all sort of convents that most folks never get a chance to look at. I was reading the BK funding agreement that JP Morgan Chase had with UAL. It stated clearly that if free cash levels were to decline below approx 900 million that UAL would be in default of their agreement and that JP could come in and take over the assets (gates,slots, aircraft and Pacific Routes). So when someone says that they have $4.5 billion do they really? When almost a billion is not theirs to play with.

These guys are clowns, now $2.06 is the fuel price for the year. With no fuel hedged, if I was a betting man in Vegas I would take the over. Remember these are the same bunch of morons who told us just 3 months ago that fuel would average $50 a barrel for the year.

Sorry I didn't get back quicker, does your buddy still need that info?

UAL Management said:
"While these revenue results are encouraging, they do not meet our expectations or reflect the full potential of this airline. The work to get there is clear and we continue to aggressively execute our plan."

Everyone just needs to simmer down. The MBA's say they have a plan and the path to success is clear. Why worry? ;)

Latest resources

Back