Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
scopeCMRandASA said:
Surplus,

Thank you for verifying what brought me out of lurk mode. You guys want more than what you had. More than you allowed.

Hmmm. Well, either you did not understand what I wrote or I don't understand what you wrote.

You say that "you guys want more than what you had." How did you come to that conclusion? Do you actually know what we had? I suspect that you do not so let me tell you.

1. We had the right to operate and unlimited number of RJ-50s. We had the right to fly them wherever we chose. We had the right to operate any stage length we pleased. We had the unlimited right to operate in or out of any hub and between any two points of our choosing. We were free of all ratios.

2. We had the right to operate an unlimited number of 70-seat jets, under the Delta code. With no restrictions as to how or where they might be flown.

3. Our rights to operate freely were not in any way related to Delta Connection and did not include any limits based on what other DCI contractors might be doing or not doing. Our rights were not dependent on the whims of the Delta pilots.

4. We had the right to freely contract with anyone else of our choosing, besides Delta. We had the right to operate ANY size aircraft under contract with any other carrier of OUR choice. Those rights were NOT impared by our contract with Delta Air Lines.

5. We had the right to operate any aircraft, of any size, anywhere, under our own name, with no effect on our contract with Delta, provided we did not use the "Delta Code".

6. We had the right to decide what markets we would operate into and what markets we would not operate into.

7. NONE of our "rights", repeat NONE, were in any way dependent on the unilateral decisions of ALPA or of the Delta MEC.

8. We had the right to negotiate with OUR EMPLOYER, directly and achieve what ever we could, WITHOUT the interference of third parties in different airlines.

Now that Comair is a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta, the management of Delta Air Lines has the right to decide what we do. I accept that. However, it is not Delta Air Lines telling us what we can't do, it is Delta pilots and ALPA. Sorry, but we are owned by Delta Air Lines, not by ALPA and not by the Delta MEC.

Do I want MORE than we had? NO, I do not. Do I want the restoration of what we had? YES, I do. Do I want a voice in what I will give up and what I will not? Yes, I do. Do I want Delta pilots to tell my company what it can't do? Not no, but HE!! NO!

As the Delta pilots frequently point out, I don't work for Delta. I work for a separate airline. That is what the Delta pilots wanted and it is what they got. As a "separate airline" the Delta pilots have no right to negotiate what we can do or what we can't do. That right is ours exclusively.

My company is now owned by Delta Air Lines and that is who makes the decisions. Therefore, I have the right to negotiate with Delta Air Lines, directly. My union, has NO RIGHT to prevent me from doing so and it is trying. I recognize the authority of Delta Air Lines. I do NOT recognize any authority or superiority of the Delta pilots, the Delta MEC or the Air Line Pilots Association to decide for me, what my future will be, without my consent.

You said (I want) "more than you allowed". What does that mean? What did I "allow". I sure didn't "allow" my union or the DMEC to take anything from me. I did not "allow" any of their restrictions or any of their limits or any of the rest of the crap. I was prevented from negotiating directly with the controlling employer, by my own union. My rights and those of my fellow pilots at Comair have been trampled upon by the pilots of another airline with the consent and assistance of the labor union that WE PAY to represent OUR interests. If you expect me to take that sitting down, which apparently you do, you have another guess coming.

but it is obvious that you want to compete with Delta pilots for their flying as well.

You remind me of "wrong way Corrigan", 180 degrees out of phase. I don't want to compete with Delta pilots for "their" flying. I just don't want them to take my flying.
When they decide that my flying is their flying, and they have, that's way too much. The fact is they are the one's trying to eliminate my flying because they want it for themselves. That isn't going to happen without a fight. I personally, don't want a number on their list and I'm not seeking a job at their airline. Frankly I don't like their "culture" and want no part of it. I'm happy in my own little world. All I want is for them to leave us the he!! alone. I don't care how many "big airplanes" they fly or where they fly them. Just leave me to fly my little airplanes. If some of my fellow pilots would like to fly for Delta, they can apply and I have no problem with that.

Some obviously will do anything to advance, I am not one of them.

Right, you're not one of them. Who are you trying to kid? It looks to me like that somebody is you and people that think like you. Evidently you are quite willing to kiss their backsides on demand because you aspire to work for them and you're scared they're going to black ball you. Well you can do that if you want, but I have no intention of kissing anybody's a$$ just because they think I should.

I am happy to advance in my own airline and I do not intend to allow them to prevent that if there is anything I can to to stop them, I will. We have not tried to take from them and they need to stop trying to take from us.

Good luck to you.

~~~^~~~ said:
[
This is mind bogglin. Time for me to write another check to the RJDC, and my checks do cash. [/B]

Keep writing those checks for the cause! Those lawyers are laughing all the way to the bank, and the sad part is, that lawsuit will never see the end in our life times!
What a sad waste of money!

MDP727 said:
Give me a break general! How long have you guys been crapping on those comair pilots? You and AA are one in the same.

Yeah, I guess every time I helped writing my assessment check for Comair while I supported their strike for a better way of life, I was crapping on them!
And the way they pay DAL pilots back is by filing a frivilous lawsuit and condoning the hiring of furloughed DAL pilots!
Get a clue dude!

Majors vs Regional's

"Yeah, I guess I helped by writing my assessment check for Comair while I supported their strike for a better way of life"

Yes I did this and I feel like what a waste...I thought these guys realzed exactly what was at stake with thye majors shrinking.

I guess there are more and more pilots out there willing to work for nothing than I thought.

They get to go look mah, and pah I am a Piloy isn't that great, look what we get to to do. I know I didnt pay for everything but one day I will!

what a joke this industry has become!!!

Re: Majors vs Regional's

Boz said:
[BI thought these guys realzed exactly what was at stake with thye majors shrinking. [/b]

Not smart enough to figure that out without your help. Perhaps you would like to tell me what is at stake with the majors shrinking?

I guess there are more and more pilots out there willing to work for nothing than I thought.

Maybe that's true in some places but my little airline, Comair, doesn't happen to be one of them. We are compensated reasonably well for the size equipment that we operate. Also, if your avatar indicates your place of employment, our work rules are equal to or better than yours.

They get to go look mah, and pah I am a Piloy isn't that great, look what we get to to do. I know I didnt pay for everything but one day I will!

what a joke this industry has become!!!

Sounds like you yourself may be numbered among those big jokes. I wish you well anyway.

surplus1 said:
1. We had the right to operate and unlimited number of RJ-50s. We had the right to fly them wherever we chose. We had the right to operate any stage length we pleased. We had the unlimited right to operate in or out of any hub and between any two points of our choosing. We were free of all ratios.

you still have the right to unlimited rj 50s. You did not have those other rights, they were decided by Delta and relayed to your marketing dept.

2. We had the right to operate an unlimited number of 70-seat jets, under the Delta code. With no restrictions as to how or where they might be flown.

Well, too bad. Now Delta has the right to unlimited RJ70s.

3. Our rights to operate freely were not in any way related to Delta Connection and did not include any limits based on what other DCI contractors might be doing or not doing. Our rights were not dependent on the whims of the Delta pilots.

Untrue. No matter. Delta now has those rights.

4. We had the right to freely contract with anyone else of our choosing, besides Delta. We had the right to operate ANY size aircraft under contract with any other carrier of OUR choice. Those rights were NOT impared by our contract with Delta Air Lines.

I laugh at this. Why didn't you then? Oh, that's right, it was in the works. Riiiiiiggggghhhht. Like Delta would have allowed it. Blah, blah, blah. This never has and never will pass the BS test.

5. We had the right to operate any aircraft, of any size, anywhere, under our own name, with no effect on our contract with Delta, provided we did not use the "Delta Code".

Same quote and reply as 4, but at least you got to type more. This keeps with your mentality of quantity vs quality will blow them away. Pure BS

6. We had the right to decide what markets we would operate into and what markets we would not operate into
Same quote and reply as 4, but at least you got to type more. This keeps with your mentality of quantity vs quality will blow them away. Pure BS

7. NONE of our "rights", repeat NONE, were in any way dependent on the unilateral decisions of ALPA or of the Delta MEC.

Sure they were. Any contractual change back then would affect you as it will now. Deal with it. You are a sub-contractor of the Delta pilots. The contractors decide your fate. As they should. You are cheap labor. They stick you wherte you will make money where the premium jobs wont

8. We had the right to negotiate with OUR EMPLOYER, directly and achieve what ever we could, WITHOUT the interference of third parties in different airlines.

Let me ask you, who signs your contract. We all know Duane Woerth does, but who are the other signatures on it. Leo's? Terry Erskine's? You guys are famous for this"Who signs your contract" stuff. Who signs your contract. You know that Comair is a viable entity, and that is who you negotiate your contract with. Deal with it. You scab mentality just wants to negotiate with Delta in order to undercut it's mainline pilots contract in order to gain for yourself.

As a "separate airline" the Delta pilots have no right to negotiate what we can do or what we can't do.

The Delta pilots negotiate for what they do. The reminants are divided equally amongst the pack. This is an old, tired argumentwhich does not have any substance.

Right, you're not one of them. Who are you trying to kid? It looks to me like that somebody is you and people that think like you. Evidently you are quite willing to kiss their backsides on demand because you aspire to work for them and you're scared they're going to black ball you. Well you can do that if you want, but I have no intention of kissing anybody's a$$ just because they think I should

Now there is an interesting one. Kissing ass on an anonymous Delta board. You are right, I am willing to do flying for less. It is the reasons which differ. I am willing to do it in order to move on to that level. You do it as an attack to force your way into a career for which you were never intended.

Silence is deafening but golden.

Here is the deal. I do not hang out by my computer, skulking for people on the flightinfo boards. I find them entertaining, and take them for their intent. You take them to show how persecuted you are and to try and lead some kind of BS charge. Your movement is losing ground. People are starting to see it for what it is. A money/aircraft coup. You make me laugh. You remind me of a tired, bitter old man who lost his place in the world and who now flounders and finger points. I pity you.

--a concerned regional pilot

Scope,

Very interesting points. I like how you get your points across.

Bye bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

scopeCMRandASA said:
Now there is an interesting one. Kissing ass on an anonymous Delta board. You are right, I am willing to do flying for less. It is the reasons which differ. I am willing to do it in order to move on to that level. You do it as an attack to force your way into a career for which you were never intended.

Delta board? Where's that? Force my way into a career for which I was never intended? That is amusing.

I think you have a couple of options that you should consider. a) unmask yourself and acknowledge that you are an unhappy deltoid masquerading as a "concerned regional pilot", or b) buy your self a double-breasted suit with brass buttons and parade before your bedroom mirror on a regular basis. That way you can impress yourself even more.

For the record, I'm happy with the career I've had and that happiness includes the fact that I was fortunate enough to avoid the cultural overtones of Atlanta. You are correct, I was never intended for the culture of the Delta pilot group and I have managed to successfully avoid it. That sir is a blessing, but it really has nothing to do with careers.

I find them entertaining, and take them for their intent. You take them to show how persecuted you are and to try and lead some kind of BS charge. Your movement is losing ground. People are starting to see it for what it is. A money/aircraft coup. You make me laugh. You remind me of a tired, bitter old man who lost his place in the world and who now flounders and finger points. I pity you.

Thank you for the pity. As they say, every little bit helps. However, I couldn't honestly say that I find you entertaining. Uniformed, somewhat inflated by your own image, and decidedly less than smart, but not entertaining. Phony would be closer to my assessment.

I don't have a movement, I merely support one. You may think that it is losing ground if you wish; whatever gives you solace. It will produce neither wealth nor aircraft, but there is high probability that it will end the arrogance of your ilk. That's enough for me.

I am an older man, but I haven't lost my place, neither in the world nor in the debate, and I'm not bitter. What's more I won't allow myself to be insulted by a misguided and arrogant kid. Too old for that. I don't pity you though, I'm just amazed at your ability to demonstrate with such aplomb and expertise the folly of youth that you have mastered. I made the mistake of thinking you had something serious to say. I was wrong and for that I apologize. Henceforth I'll just accept you for what you are, now that I've learned there's a vacuum between your ears.

May you always have tailwinds and may The Force be with you.

Latest resources

Back