• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL pilot a fake doctor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's surprising that he isn't a scab. It sounds like something that many of them at CAL would try to pull off...

My thoughts too. Something mentally wrong with an individual who feels the need to pass himself off like this.
Or he's wanted to make some extra money (a lot of it). He didn't perform any surgeries or advise on patient conditions from what I read. His "expertise" was on the safe flight concept (CRM, checklists, verifying, etc) as applied to surgery and safe medical practices. It appears like he was making a ton of money off of these lectures and seminars.

Or he's wanted to make some extra money (a lot of it). He didn't perform any surgeries or advise on patient conditions from what I read. His "expertise" was on the safe flight concept (CRM, checklists, verifying, etc) as applied to surgery and safe medical practices. It appears like he was making a ton of money off of these lectures and seminars.

There are pilots out there that get into this field. I've even thought about putting an advanced degree to use doing this - but telling people you are an M.D. and Ph.D. is just f---ed up.

Look everyone, its an innocent mistake. It started like this:

Him: Trust me baby, I'm a doctor.
Her: Really? What Kind?
Him: I'm one that knows all about the heart.
Her: Prove it!

And so he kinda' did.

There are pilots out there that get into this field. I've even thought about putting an advanced degree to use doing this - but telling people you are an M.D. and Ph.D. is just f---ed up.
It sounds like at first the medical community made certain assumptions about him which he may have simply not corrected. Next thing you know, he's a cardiac surgeon.

Latest resources

Back