Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
UAL Pass Travel benefits for furloughed-types runs out on 31 Dec 05. Anyone heard anymore on extending this benefit?

The lastest info from the company was they were not going to extend the pass travel for the furloughees.

Huggyu2 said:
UAL Pass Travel benefits for furloughed-types runs out on 31 Dec 05. Anyone heard anymore on extending this benefit?

Do you pay anything for pass travel? And are you taxed on it as well, or is it 100% free?

If the former, I'm wondering what the difference in cost is, after you pay and then subsequently taxed on it, vs. what fares are running. Especially if you're in a LLC city.

Yes, you pay, based on distance and class of travel for each leg.
Nowdays, I don't like to do it unless it's a direct flight. It's just to iffy otherwise.

I work for Comair/DL. Our ass travel used to be free. As of Jan 1 06 and employee annivaersary dates there will be a $50 activation fee. It is good for one 1yr though for all pass riders.

UAL pilots: any update on continuing pass travel benefits past Dec 05 for furloughees?

Update: I heard today from a good source that the pass travel will NOT be extended past Dec '05. I hear that there are some tax implications to having it renewed (I don't believe that is more than just an excuse, though).

Latest resources

Back