• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

UAL pass travel

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
Total Time
9000+
UAL Pass Travel benefits for furloughed-types runs out on 31 Dec 05. Anyone heard anymore on extending this benefit?

iflyhigh

Total Time
The lastest info from the company was they were not going to extend the pass travel for the furloughees.

ultrarunner

Total Time
Huggyu2 said:
UAL Pass Travel benefits for furloughed-types runs out on 31 Dec 05. Anyone heard anymore on extending this benefit?

Do you pay anything for pass travel? And are you taxed on it as well, or is it 100% free?

If the former, I'm wondering what the difference in cost is, after you pay and then subsequently taxed on it, vs. what fares are running. Especially if you're in a LLC city.

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
Total Time
9000+
Yes, you pay, based on distance and class of travel for each leg.
Nowdays, I don't like to do it unless it's a direct flight. It's just to iffy otherwise.

lmevans1

Flying High
Total Time
I work for Comair/DL. Our ass travel used to be free. As of Jan 1 06 and employee annivaersary dates there will be a $50 activation fee. It is good for one 1yr though for all pass riders.

Lil Jon

CRUNK
Total Time
>2k
cant believe its been this long with no comment on ass travel

lmevans1

Flying High
Total Time
oops

lol, you know, I can't believe that mistake hasnt recieved any response. Pass Travel btw...lol

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
Total Time
9000+
UAL pilots: any update on continuing pass travel benefits past Dec 05 for furloughees?

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
Total Time
9000+
Update: I heard today from a good source that the pass travel will NOT be extended past Dec '05. I hear that there are some tax implications to having it renewed (I don't believe that is more than just an excuse, though).

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
Total Time
9000+
I have a very good experience with the pass travel, actually. I've taken my family coast-to-coast a few times, and it's worked great.

In any case, this came today from UAL's MEC:

We have recently been advised by the Company that pass travel for all furloughed employees will terminate as of midnight, Saturday, December 31, 2005. The MEC strongly advocated for the continuance of furloughee pass travel beyond December 31, 2005, but the Company has chosen not to extend the benefit. The Company will continue to provide pass travel to furloughed employees serving in the military between their home and their duty station. This provision does not extend to pass travel eligibles of furloughed employees in the military. The MEC disagrees with the Company’s actions, and will at every opportunity seek to restore this benefit to all furloughed employees.

ultrarunner

Total Time
Fighting for Pass travel

Huggyu2 said:
The MEC disagrees with the Company’s actions, and will at every opportunity seek to restore this benefit to all furloughed employees. [/SIZE][/FONT]

I bet you'll sleep better tonight knowing they are fighting for your pass travel benefits.

Anything else you want the MEC to cover off for you while they're at the table????

Last edited: