• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL news.........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When will you guys realise that UAL and SWA are not the same. SWA does not fly Int'l fligths. You guys try to compare the two and it is definately apples to oranges. The main fact is that SWA is a point to point domestic carrier that any airline would wish to copy, but the fact is that SWA has perfected the LCO better than anyone can do..

There has been attempts from CAL, DAL, and UAL to emulate this and it has failed. Obviously SWA is a major competitor that no major is able to emulate thus far. So by trying to copy it has not worked in the past pretty much is a predictor that most majors will fail in this arena for time to come.

Another fact is that UAL, AA, DAL, NWA, etc....would love to have the secret that SWA has but again they canot do it overnight, nor ever IHO.

SWA is force that has been challenged and no major will come close to copying there business model. So is UAlLgoing to try to copy this! Again NO way do they stand a chance.

UAL is set up for the business traveler and the fact is that UAL is suffering from the interantional business travel being sown from the recent war in Iraq and SARS. It is not going to rebound overnight. But when times get better I feel the carrier will be a strong force to compete with as it is trying desperatly to get its costs inline with the discount carriers. It is very economic based and again when there is a another boom in the economy hopefully UAL and other majors will get a good share of the profits from air travelers.

Just my humbble opinion but I am not seeing a Ch. 7 anytime soon and the future will dictate where UAL stands in the major airline market. They wiil survuve amongst major comeption from the LCO airlines and they will be a force to be reckoned with in the economic enviornment that has taken shape as of late.

I personally would not count them out at this stage even though they have been compared to Eastern, TWA, Pan Am, etc..as of late.

Latest resources

Back