UAL news.........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DanielWebster said:
we would all be better off with UAL liquidated.

The last thing I want to do is compete for a job with a couple thousand pilots with lots of heavy jet, airline experience. I hope UAL gets back in good shape and starts hiring so they can clean out the seniority list above me.

Furloughs for June and July are about 70+ each month.

The total on furlough as of July 1st will be 1,555.

:(

GP

Daniel seems to think that all those assests would simply disappear forever, never to bother him again. Very short-sighted thinking. The solution DW will be for your company to get its own act together. A UAL liquidation would be a short lived solution to your problems. The assests would come back in other formats (under even lower cost structures) to haunt you.

GuppyPuppy said:
Furloughs for June and July are about 70+ each month.

The total on furlough as of July 1st will be 1,555.

:(

GP

Or in other words, an entire Alaska Airlines. Yikes.

Daniel Webster is a wannabe..

Little sissy boy Daniel Webster is a wannabe! The only 747-400 he is flying is a 1/144 scale model.

Nuff said.....

DW

I think P3-Adub hit the nail on the head.......JACKASS!!!!! With the thousands and thousands of pilots on the streets I am sure he is the one filling up his wallet with extra time while his fellow pilots are collecting unemployment.

IPF

Daniel Webster,

Shouldn't you be doing some keg stands with your fraternity brothers, or God forbid studying for some finals?

In other words...get lost, punk.

I'm sorry if some of you think my opinion is unpopular. Whatever! but I heard it from a good source today, that UAL has zero chance of emerging from bankruptcy, and you can expect full liquidation in no more than 2 months.

The sooner, the better as far as I'm concerned. Then we can all get back to business, and make some money.

As far as all this positive news about UAL emerging early....blah, blah, blah.....well, apparently they are throwing millions of dollars at a PR firm in order to "improve their image".......can this company do anything other than piss money down a toilet??

So you're telling me that United managed to con J.P. Morgan Chase, CIT Group, and Bank One out of 1.7 Billion even though liquidation is inevitable and those inside the case know this for a fact? Sure. Even I find it amazing, but UAL seems to be clearing the DIP financing covenants, and they cannot be shut down if they continue to meet those thresholds. I'd keep typing but I really have to run to the bank, I need to mortgage some of my oceanfront Arizona property - apparently banks no longer research their investments.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back