• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL new A/C order by the end of August

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MY POINT was that people are getting focused on the name....Bombardier...is always going to be an RJ no matter how many seats it has.....not always. They are breaking out of the RJ market.

If you paid me $200 per hour to fly a 747 and you called it an RJ...I would do it.

United Mainline will be flying something like the size of a C series. Don't worry about that...no matter what you call it.

You didn't answer the question...At what size does an airplane become an "RJ"? Simple question.

so Joe do you want the industry to be one big regional? You think a 149 pax airplane belongs with the regionals? Personally I think the regionals should stop at 70 seats.

so Joe do you want the industry to be one big regional? You think a 149 pax airplane belongs with the regionals? Personally I think the regionals should stop at 70 seats.

Actually, I want there to be "airlines" flying "airplanes"....I don't believe in setting an arbitrary line at "regional" and "mainline"....That is how we got in this mess in the first place...

You say 70 seats...Why 70 seats? How is that different than 71 seats? Some say it should be less than 70 seats....Why are we drawing an arbitrary number in the sand anyway?

new planes "Right"

cash for clunkers now thats a good one hell take a look at those ole 37s man they are beat and pretty sure they dont get better the 21 mpg
Isnt this the same airline thats looking to mortagage the farm to keep operating? where the hell they get the money hit a oil well in ILL? with all the money Tilton stole from you guys he's probably going to open a finance company and steal some more with his high Interest rates!! new planes are new if they come from the bone yard!!

Last edited:
WOW!!! Wouldn't that require 840 FAs? Damn. One FA/night/year for both pilots and still leaving behind 110 for backup.

And they would own 4296 cats between them (since 64 of the FA's would like dogs) and would have 3 picture albums of each cat to share with you on the overnights.

There is part of your problem! You mainline guys think if it ain't made by Boeing or Airbus it must be an RJ. Draconian thinking and failure to adapt is why you are called a legacy. I would make sure this "RJ" is flown by UAL list and not your feed this time around.

That's because mgmt will call them RJ's and try and pay RJ rates.

When ALPA first agreed (1987ish) to allow the Jet in regional is when all this BS started and it has been ruinous to this profession........jmo

Could have all been prevented by integrating (stapling if you like) all of your regional subsidiary pilots on to your main line seniority list...

Actually, I want there to be "airlines" flying "airplanes"....I don't believe in setting an arbitrary line at "regional" and "mainline"....That is how we got in this mess in the first place...

You say 70 seats...Why 70 seats? How is that different than 71 seats? Some say it should be less than 70 seats....Why are we drawing an arbitrary number in the sand anyway?

When hiring starts up again...just apply so you don't have to argue what an RJ is. You won't be in one if they hire you.

Latest resources

Back