• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL new A/C order by the end of August

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last time I checked scope was based on seats....the C-Series has 100-145 seats (depending on configuration). No U.S. airline will fly them at 100 seats. We fly a/c at max capacity, so prolly 115-140 seats is more realistic depending on the model. If anyones scope gives up scope allowing 100+ seats, you as an airline, deserve to lose your job. Where will it stop.....jeepers creepers, I would have hoped it would stop at 50 seats...then there was 70...then 76...then 86.....lets stop it!!! the C series will be a great MAINLINE aircraft!!!!! Period..the end!

http://www.bombardier.com/en/aerospace/products/commercial-aircraft/cseries?docID=0901260d800091e6

Bobbardiers link for those interested, the earlier link on this thread was a good one as well. I've said all along that if Bombardier or Embrarer make a 500 passenger airplane that management will try to say it's a regional, and some regional pilot out there will fly it for 20 dollars an hour and say "who cares what I make look what I get to fly" the mainline guys have to step up and strengthen scope and stop the spread of the regional pilot and the regional guy needs to stand beside the mainline guy and look forward to some sort of career advancement. Lets face the regionals are not where anyone wants to stay for a career. Some have settle for their regional career and I was there at the regional making 90,000 a year but I sucked it up left for mainline, took the intitial pay cuy and life was much better then my days at the regional. I am furloughed now but flying at a pretty good gig. I would never have been offered this job had I not gone to a mainline operation. Now I am making $140,000 as a FO and life isn't all that bad right now. I hope all mainline pilots will stop bickering and actually try to stick together and recover our careers, this airplane may be made by a RJ company but it is far from it. I would like to return to my mainline employer but I want to see some improvements in the US industry before I return home. Until then I will keep flying in the desert and stashing money away and see what happens.

says who?? It will be advertised to airlines and sold as an RJ...they (airline mgt) will love the idea since it will keep labor costs down. How many airline pilot contracts have open loop holes that don't protect these from being outsourced.

Just semantics, mainline pilots aren't going to accept that aircraft flown at the rates its labeled for.

You can call your 747 an a RJ too if you're paid regional rates. The term "Regional Jet" is like a kid calling any kind of soda a "coke".

you watch. Management will say "if it's made by Embraer or Bombardier, it's a regional jet."

Bombardier will promptly produce the CRJ 8,000,000,000 which will have 42,000 seats. And it will be flown at regional rates.

WOW!!! Wouldn't that require 840 FAs? Damn. One FA/night/year for both pilots and still leaving behind 110 for backup.

OH SNAP

pretty sad-- our 737's were worth on avg about 2 million per plane

With new aircraft like the C series....at a reasonable price...it probably drives the price of an old 737 down. Why would you want to have an aircraft that seats the same and uses 25% more fuel? We just need a cash for clunkers program at the airlines.

I am more interested in where this whole thread started. The last "knowledge" I saw about United on here was that they were going right to chapter 7....just goes to show the ignorance.

I WISH the UAL guys had the opportunity to "take back" the RJ flying. UAL pilots fly UAL customers.

Gup

100-149 seat class is not an RJ. Just like if Boeing entered the market with an RJ...lets say a 50 seater to compete in that market, that does not make all Boeing aircraft RJ's.

100-149 seat class is not an RJ. Just like if Boeing entered the market with an RJ...lets say a 50 seater to compete in that market, that does not make all Boeing aircraft RJ's.

So 50 seats is an "RJ", and 100 seats is not an "RJ"? At what seat does an airplane become an "RJ"? is at 51 seats? 69 seats? 71 seats? What is the magical seat that makes an AIRPLANE become an "RJ"?

WOW!!! Wouldn't that require 840 FAs? Damn. One FA/night/year for both pilots and still leaving behind 110 for backup.

840 Fa's, and probably not a single good looking one in the bunch.

So 50 seats is an "RJ", and 100 seats is not an "RJ"? At what seat does an airplane become an "RJ"? is at 51 seats? 69 seats? 71 seats? What is the magical seat that makes an AIRPLANE become an "RJ"?

MY POINT was that people are getting focused on the name....Bombardier...is always going to be an RJ no matter how many seats it has.....not always. They are breaking out of the RJ market.

If you paid me $200 per hour to fly a 747 and you called it an RJ...I would do it.

United Mainline will be flying something like the size of a C series. Don't worry about that...no matter what you call it.

Latest resources

Back