• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Mgmt screws pilots again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Believe it or not, the best thing that ever happen to me was not being hired at UAL when I interviewed in 1996. At the time I was deeply disappointed after the Stuke monster’s questioning of "Why did you get a "C" in Differential Equations in the Spring of 1963". But looking back at what happened at UAL post 1996, JUS has been a much better ride. I would have never make Captain before I turned 60 in 2003, I would have taken a pay cut and had a pension torn apart in the BK. Then find my self unemployed at age 60. No I never made it to the "Show", but it has been a fantastic ride and I don't if I would change much.

Ok. You got to say what you were dying to tell us.

Ok. You got to say what you were dying to tell us.
yea that for those hired after 1996 at UAL, JUS would have been a better deal like it has been for our UAL furloughee, who says he is never going back. He has it it to good at JUS. He makes more money, he is home almost every night, and likes living within driving distance of his base.

What is the new language mgt is trying to inject? I just read a letter from Fred saying everything is going fine with hammering out the TA and Jay Pierce says the same and is happy about the bid.

What is the new language mgt is trying to inject? I just read a letter from Fred saying everything is going fine with hammering out the TA and Jay Pierce says the same and is happy about the bid.

HMMM Fred and Jay Piece on the same page.....and we wonder why the UAL side doesn't trust either of them.

HMMM Fred and Jay Piece on the same page.....and we wonder why the UAL side doesn't trust either of them.

You need to give m e an email so I can send you Jay P's updates, because evidently you are not getting them.

The CAL negotiating Committee can handle dismissing new language attempts by Fred. They have perfected this by spending over a year finding the easter eggs senior UAL ALPA tried to stick in the contract. Things that only served those hired at UAL in 85.

It is shocking how little you guys know.

From Jay P's 8-31 update:

"Other business of the MECs was related to language-writing for the TA. In joint closed session, the MECs received extensive briefings from the JNC on the status of language-writing. We have grown concerned that management has not maintained their focus on completing the TA. In order to make sure that pressure is applied, we asked the NMB to once again actively mediate the differences that remain. Based on this request, the NMB instructed the parties to meet under its supervision in Washington, D.C. next week and solve the outstanding issues. This is a positive development and one that we welcome. Work also continued with the joint communications plan, which was presented to the MECs. The outline of the event-based timeline (the event in question being the TA) was discussed, as were plans for town hall meetings, web-based information, videos, crew room visits, etc."

He is certainly not agreeing with Fred.

Latest resources

Back