Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL MEC tough stance on Scope---keep it up!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And this kind of bigotry is why ALPA will never be anything more than an abject failure.

I'd say based on the outcome of your girls club (rjdc) it is a complete success.
BTW Poindexter, how's the job search going?:laugh:

UAL is conducting an employee education campaign heralding the benefits of outsource lift and labor. It's actually an entertaining piece - except the company appears serious about their assumptions.

Do you have an original copy of the letter in PDF or a link?

Yes ALPA national needs to split in two, serious conflict of interest! You only hear the issues of outsourcing with international flying not domestic. I have never heard comrad pradik stand for mainline pilots who were losing their jobs to regionals. When ALPA picketed the air lingus deal, some of the pilots, colgan, mesa were picketing something that got them where they are now! talk about calling... you know how it goes. Now ALPA is kicking off a program with regionals on how to keep the flying there! you have got be sh!tting me! I guess as long as the flying goes to another union shop its ok. You only hear the voices of MEC's standing up for their pilots, that is not unity. ALPA being on both sides has created the division, not the pilots.

Yes ALPA national needs to split in two, serious conflict of interest! You only hear the issues of outsourcing with international flying not domestic. I have never heard comrad pradik stand for mainline pilots who were losing their jobs to regionals. When ALPA picketed the air lingus deal, some of the pilots, colgan, mesa were picketing something that got them where they are now! talk about calling... you know how it goes. Now ALPA is kicking off a program with regionals on how to keep the flying there! you have got be sh!tting me! I guess as long as the flying goes to another union shop its ok. You only hear the voices of MEC's standing up for their pilots, that is not unity. ALPA being on both sides has created the division, not the pilots.

Not really... this is like having a ball club split into two separate teams.. offensive and defensive... each one wanting to claim victory....

or Dem or GOP....

It is much easier to work together as one team...

The key to any successful relationship is communication... cut the communication lines and the effectiveness suffers....

Not really... this is like having a ball club split into two separate teams.. offensive and defensive... each one wanting to claim victory....

or Dem or GOP....

It is much easier to work together as one team...

The key to any successful relationship is communication... cut the communication lines and the effectiveness suffers....

There hasn't been open communication, when is the last time ALPA stood up to the domestic outsourcing?(maybe midwest, but it went to the teamsters) they can't because it is going to the same union or another union(teamsters)(skywest minus asa doesn't count) they would then be seen as anti-union. Both want to claim victory, it can't happen in the same house! one will win, one will lose and right now its the mainline on the losing side.

There hasn't been open communication, when is the last time ALPA stood up to the domestic outsourcing?(maybe midwest, but it went to the teamsters) they can't because it is going to the same union or another union(teamsters)(skywest minus asa doesn't count) they would then be seen as anti-union. Both want to claim victory, it can't happen in the same house! one will win, one will lose and right now its the mainline on the losing side.

What you say about comm might or might not be true...

How is the regionals going to form their own union going to help? Details please...

How is the regionals going to form their own union going to help? Details please...

By removing the conflict of interest.

ALPO's true intrest is the legacies.

That's going to be a tough sell to the 30-40% of us who have decided to make this a career and have good schedules....I'm willing to listen to your "offer", but getting stapled to the bottom of your list is a non starter....Not interested in commuting as a reserve FO.....

The 30-40% that choose to make a regional a career are the ones that either can't make it to a major because of something on their record, they are too old, or they never filled out the application....

United passengers deserve United Pilots....period.

By removing the conflict of interest.

ALPO's true intrest is the legacies.

Actually, children reject conflict.. they want what they want because they want it.. Mature adults know how to use conflict to reach a better understanding.... and find solutions...

There is a standing question on how to remove this conflict of interest that you think is determental. You have yet to answer. It is easy to post on moniker message boards... it is another to put ideas to action..

So, who removes this conflict? Know of anyone?

New union? What is the dues rate? Organizational structure? Can you do more than just post one liners on a message board?

Fact is, if mainline is able to get scope back and the regionals start losing jobs I think ALPA regional pilots should have a stake in the new world order.... In fact I suggested 3:1 ratio of seniority to longevity... If a regional lifer has 15 years then he gets no seniority but 5 years of longevity. Should make the economic pain minimal... he will have to deal with the ego blow of being an FO all over again....

ALPA regional pilots would get preferential interviews...

Not sure about the OO pilots.... who does ALPA talk with to discuss the terms of coming over to mainline with longevity? Is the sen:long ratio good enough? Well, is it?

Should OO pilots get preferential interviews? If so... why?

Last edited:
This is easily the dumbest thing I've seen posted here in some time. Unity through division? Success through segregation? Good luck with that. If we are ever going to rebuild this profession, we need to stick together, not break everybody apart. It is possible for FFD pilots and mainline pilots to work together, but you need to check your ego at the door, and people like Joey need to check their inferiority complexes at the door.

Can you explain one thing to me?

When one of Prater's recent talking points was "Regional Airline job security for pilots", how is that not a conflict of interest in representing the mainline pilot?

Being as many mainline pilots feel they have LOST too many jobs to the regionals.......

Seems like a MAJOR conflict of interest to me.

Latest resources

Back