Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL MEC having MAJOR Problems--may oust MORSE--and could derail talks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There has always been a limit on 76 seaters, and they had NOT hit that yet. Do you guys have a limit? And high oil is starting to park our 50 seaters, but not yours. Why is that? I did like your attempt at stopping the 70 or 76 seaters at CAL hubs, only to have them go under the UAL Express banner. That CEO of yours sure did get around that CAL scope clause.

And another problem you are starting to have is the 70 seat prop---the large Dash. You have no limits on those, and it already took most of the EWR 737-500 routes, and will do the same in IAH and probably IAD (this Summer) and ORD. Keep trying to kill that cancer, but you really have a long way to go, and your problem is a lot worse than ours, even if we started it. Get to work, and that means STARTING WITH PLAYING NICE WITH EACH OTHER---UAL AND CAL PILOTS. We did that, and it is already starting to pay off.

Bye Bye---General Lee

There's a simple explanation. Frankly I'm surprised you didn't see it yourself. When DAL management elects to park a 50 seat RJ they have the option of immediately adding a 76 seat frame. UAL/CAL management cannot do this because our scope does not allow it. They're forced to continue to operate their 206 aircraft 50 seat fleet at diminishing profitability. I see that as a good thing. Your management team has airframe and outsourcing flexibility that our's does not. At the present, that's a win for us.

As for managements scope maneuvers, the CAL pilots scope clause protects the CAL code only. They can operate anything they want using the UAL code. While our "victory" was and is relatively small, we enforced the code protections in our contract and a significant amount of block hours were returned to XJT from illegal outsourced operators.

There's a simple explanation. Frankly I'm surprised you didn't see it yourself. When DAL management elects to park a 50 seat RJ they have the option of immediately adding a 76 seat frame. UAL/CAL management cannot do this because our scope does not allow it. They're forced to continue to operate their 206 aircraft 50 seat fleet at diminishing profitability.

That's not correct.

DAL has a 255 limit (that cannot be raised) on 70-76 seat airframe flying. Right now 153 of those can be 76 seaters. They have 102 70 seaters that are flying or will be flying by the end of next year, meaning they're at the cap. There is no option to add. Every 50 seater coming out of the system is a reduction in DCI.

I hope UAL/CAL is successful in their scope quest, but I bet management sees the 737-500's a little differently.:crying:

United pilots clash over chief
Union boss faces recall vote; her ouster could upset contract talks

By Julie Johnsson TRIBUNE REPORTER

The chairwoman of United Airlines’ pilots union could be ousted Monday in a dispute over the pace and tone of contract negotiations with the carrier’s management, sources told the Tribune.

Council 12 NOTAM

Fellow Council 12 Pilots:

After a great deal of discussion by the MEC, the resolution to recall the Master Chairman has been deferred. In essence, what this means is that the MEC has decided to take no action at this time.

The Master Chairman continues to have the full support of your Council 12 Officers.

The MEC meeting will adjourn today after the MEC addresses the remaining 40+ agenda items that the membership has submitted for consideration.

Fraternally,

Latest resources

Back