Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL MEC having MAJOR Problems--may oust MORSE--and could derail talks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember having United+1 stickers on my bag after the UAL contract pre-9-11. Now we are actually up to United+30 percent. We have another contract coming up next year, and if you continue squabbling, it will be United+50 percent. Keep it up boys! Make nice and negotiate, or continue to make less than almost everyone else except Virgin America. And while you are at it, make sure the 744 and 777 are paid the same. It helps smooth things over with the other side. If you don't, you continue to look greedy. Also, remember SCOPE. Have a great one.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hysterical. Figures that Scope is the last thought. A DAL pilot lecturing me on scope is about as pious as Jimmy Swaggart. So you are parking 50's congrats. High oil would of done that anyways.

BTW how many 70's did Rev Bedford just add? Special thanks from those of us trying to kill that cancer. Sure helps our cause in front of the NMB. Hope your boy Lee Moak is enjoying the steaks @ The Capital Grille on Pennsylvania Ave.

Last edited:
Hysterical. Figures that Scope is the last thought. A DAL pilot lecturing me on scope is about as pious as Jimmy Swaggart. So you are parking 50's congrats. High oil would of done that anyways.

BTW how many 70's did Rev Bedford just add? Special thanks from those of us trying to kill that cancer. Sure helps our cause in front of the NMB. Hope your boy Lee Moak is enjoying the steaks @ The Capital Grille on Pennsylvania Ave.

There has always been a limit on 76 seaters, and they had NOT hit that yet. Do you guys have a limit? And high oil is starting to park our 50 seaters, but not yours. Why is that? I did like your attempt at stopping the 70 or 76 seaters at CAL hubs, only to have them go under the UAL Express banner. That CEO of yours sure did get around that CAL scope clause.

And another problem you are starting to have is the 70 seat prop---the large Dash. You have no limits on those, and it already took most of the EWR 737-500 routes, and will do the same in IAH and probably IAD (this Summer) and ORD. Keep trying to kill that cancer, but you really have a long way to go, and your problem is a lot worse than ours, even if we started it. Get to work, and that means STARTING WITH PLAYING NICE WITH EACH OTHER---UAL AND CAL PILOTS. We did that, and it is already starting to pay off.

Bye Bye---General Lee

. You guys actually gave more scope relief in your post BK/merger contract.

Really? Who needs facts.....This is FI...

Delta raised the scope to both merged airlines limits....that's all....that is NOT scope relief, it was status quo. Even though the contract says DELTA, that was the limts placed on BOTH NWA and DAL contracts pre-merger.

Not defending any scope issues we have created, just pointing out FI ignorance being claimed as fact.

There has always been a limit on 76 seaters, and they had NOT hit that yet. Do you guys have a limit? And high oil is starting to park our 50 seaters, but not yours. Why is that? I did like your attempt at stopping the 70 or 76 seaters at CAL hubs, only to have them go under the UAL Express banner. That CEO of yours sure did get around that CAL scope clause.

Gotta refer to the UAL guys since I carry their chains now, but we are not far from hitting cap on regional flying. With the capacity cutbacks coming I don't know how things will shake out till the fall. UAL is slated to park 22 50's and add 9 Q's for a net reduction of 13. BTW not one 70 seater or god forbid 76 seater has been added YTD. Can you guys say that?

Sismek is paying the price for his ego and not having the CAL code. Load factors have been weak out of CAL hubs and even some subing of 50 seaters has occurred. I have no doubt the games are far from finished with Harvard Law man.

And another problem you are starting to have is the 70 seat prop---the large Dash. You have no limits on those, and it already took most of the EWR 737-500 routes, and will do the same in IAH and probably IAD (this Summer) and ORD. Keep trying to kill that cancer, but you really have a long way to go, and your problem is a lot worse than ours, even if we started it. Get to work, and that means STARTING WITH PLAYING NICE WITH EACH OTHER---UAL AND CAL PILOTS. We did that, and it is already starting to pay off.
Bye Bye---General Lee
The Q's are a problem, but they have done a lot more RJ replacement then 737 overall. Given how Colgan runs and passenger opinion they can only be made so large. That is not to say we shouldn't deal with them, but the biggest threat to my career remains Republic and Skywest.

As for the rest of the speech GL, we have been playing nice with other for a few months. Wendy's problem is internal on the United side and has nothing to do with the pay issues of last fall. It's all about impatience at not getting a deal done. In that regard the biggest problem is the company dragging it's feet to the max in front of the NMB. You can't do jack under the RLA when management exploits it. Same thing would of happened at your house if Richard Anderson chose that tact. In fact you can expect that in a couple of years and good luck trying to slow down like Summer '01.

Rumblings are that scope is going to be a non starter for the company. They want bare minimum UAL scope applied across the entire new airline. We all know the major problem with that. The fact that our biggest competitor even allowed 90 seat cabins on property makes our job significantly harder.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back