Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL MEC having MAJOR Problems--may oust MORSE--and could derail talks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really General? How about +20%, if you add in the B fund you are +15%. How many CRJ900's/EMB-175's are flying Delta colors? Yea, I know they only have 76 seats. DAL scope is the worst among it's peers (Limit 254 76 seaters with a 900 mile range). We may be taking longer to negotiate because we're trying to get the scope back that UAL/DAL gave away in BK. You guys actually gave more scope relief in your post BK/merger contract.

Our DC fund is at 14% per pay check I believe, and with our higher pay, that means our B Fund is growing a lot faster than yours, even if yours is at a slightly higher %. And we have a set cap for 70 or 76 seaters, whereas you do not, and now they are spilling into EWR via the United Express banner (TCF E175s). Add the Dash-8-400s invading IAD starting this Summer, and you have a BIGGER problem. But, your first priority is to get together and get a joint contract that helps you and then allows the rest of us to keep it going from there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General you are wrong, we have no EMB-175's only 170's and they were taken from the current UAX route structure, not one new RJ has been brought on the property since the announcement, and yes the 70 seaters are limited and they are at that limit right now.

The reason we have not parked 50 seaters is because they do not have 70 seaters to replace them with, actually XJT is hiring like mad right now because of our Scope win because CAL/UAL just dumped a whole bunch of block hours on them that were supposed to be 70 seaters.

The Q's are a problem who would of thought our management would but a TP on large business routes like EWR-DCA,BOS, IAH-AUS,SAT but that just shows you how clueless our management is. You worry about your contract and we will worry how we have to convince the NMB that Delta's Scope is not the status quo in the industry.

Our DC fund is at 14% per pay check I believe, and with our higher pay, that means our B Fund is growing a lot faster than yours, even if yours is at a slightly higher %. And we have a set cap for 70 or 76 seaters, whereas you do not, and now they are spilling into EWR via the United Express banner (TCF E175s). Add the Dash-8-400s invading IAD starting this Summer, and you have a BIGGER problem. But, your first priority is to get together and get a joint contract that helps you and then allows the rest of us to keep it going from there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

DAL has a 2% 401K and an 11% B fund which equals 13%, your 76 seat cap is 254 aircraft and that can be increased by 3 for every 1 narrow body you add to the fleet. Why don't you get acquainted with your own contract before you stick your nose into ours.

Really? Who needs facts.....This is FI...

Delta raised the scope to both merged airlines limits....that's all....that is NOT scope relief, it was status quo. Even though the contract says DELTA, that was the limts placed on BOTH NWA and DAL contracts pre-merger.

Not defending any scope issues we have created, just pointing out FI ignorance being claimed as fact.

So you relaxed it to the level of the least restrictive of the 2 airlines. What about ability to add 3 70 seaters for every 1 additional narrow body? Whose contract was that in before the merger contract? I believe that's scope relief. No wonder you got a contract right away, management was foaming at the mouth when DALPA was happy to give away more flying.

General you are wrong, we have no EMB-175's only 170's and they were taken from the current UAX route structure, not one new RJ has been brought on the property since the announcement, and yes the 70 seaters are limited and they are at that limit right now.

The reason we have not parked 50 seaters is because they do not have 70 seaters to replace them with, actually XJT is hiring like mad right now because of our Scope win because CAL/UAL just dumped a whole bunch of block hours on them that were supposed to be 70 seaters.

The Q's are a problem who would of thought our management would but a TP on large business routes like EWR-DCA,BOS, IAH-AUS,SAT but that just shows you how clueless our management is. You worry about your contract and we will worry how we have to convince the NMB that Delta's Scope is not the status quo in the industry.

So the General got the type of Emb wrong, no biggie there. But, having them fly EWR to ATL for "United Express", now that is a biggie. And those Q's will continue to bite you. But what the General is probably saying is that you need to get your own act together. The more you guys fight against each other, the longer this goes on, the more scope you lose. And while Delta's scope seems to be status quo, let's hope your pay scales don't become status quo as well for legacies. It's time for you to man up and shake hands between pilot groups, and go for more pay and benefits, so the rest of us can spring off of that. Your arguing means more profits in the hands of managements EVERYWHERE. Thanks for that.

OYS

Last edited:
DAL has a 2% 401K and an 11% B fund which equals 13%, your 76 seat cap is 254 aircraft and that can be increased by 3 for every 1 narrow body you add to the fleet. Why don't you get acquainted with your own contract before you stick your nose into ours.

Didn't it go up to 14% this last Jan? Also, that 76 seat cap cannot go up until mainline has more airplanes, and it would have to be a lot more. I think there is an exact number of mainline planes needed. Maybe Bill Lumberg or ACL could bring in the actual number. I think you are the one who is confused. And BTW, your pay stinks. Thank God I am not flying there anymore.

OYS

Last edited:
Oys, you sound so civil on this thread. I hope you grow up and stop hating on AT/SWA's operation. I think you need to stay out of ual's biz too. U are just acting like a nerd. Get off the computer. Don't lable your self as a old man, that's a hater.

Didn't it go up to 14% this last Jan? Also, that 76 seat cap cannot go up until mainline has more airplanes, and it would have to be a lot more. I think there is an exact number of mainline planes needed. Maybe Bill Lumberg or ACL could bring in the actual number. I think you are the one who is confused. And BTW, your pay stinks. Thank God I am not flying there anymore.

OYS

As one who still is flying "there" let me be the first to say, "thank God your not flying here anymore." What upbeat fun guy you seem like. Oh to be locked up in a cockpit with you for four days!!!

So the General got the type of Emb wrong, no biggie there. But, having them fly EWR to ATL for "United Express", now that is a biggie. And those Q's will continue to bite you. But what the General is probably saying is that you need to get your own act together. The more you guys fight against each other, the longer this goes on, the more scope you lose. And while Delta's scope seems to be status quo, let's hope your pay scales don't become status quo as well for legacies. It's time for you to man up and shake hands between pilot groups, and go for more pay and benefits, so the rest of us can spring off of that. Your arguing means more profits in the hands of managements EVERYWHERE. Thanks for that.

OYS

CAL and UAL pilots are NOT fighting each other. All of the pay-banding issues have been resolved. This thread is about Morse being under attack. There is only UAL on UAL fighting right now.

Latest resources

Back