UAL Liquidation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe Merchant, you are my hero! :D

So, exactly where does my 12/30/1988 TWA DOH fall on the ALPA National Seniority List?

Oh, yeah, I forgot. That was different... :rolleyes:

Hypocrites. Twist in the wind, I say. TC

If it were up to me....you would use the TWA DOH....However ALPA has already thrown the TWA folks under the bus once....this time they would back over you.....

I think you might take a look at the international community. Age 65 started with ICAO changing the age limit...

Please let's not start letting facts get in the way of FI discussions... they destroy the credibility of this site.

Please let's not start letting facts get in the way of FI discussions... they destroy the credibility of this site.

****March 24 2006 - British Airways is proposing to change its New Airways Pension Scheme (NAPS) in order to clear a £1 billion past service actuarial deficit. Despite the name, NAPS has been closed to new members sice 2003. A newer - defined contribution - scheme, British Airways' Retirement Plan (BARP) has been available since then to recent joiners, including chief executive Willie Walsh who joined in May 2005.
The New Airways Pension Scheme (NAPS) NAPS has 33,794 active members, 20,269 deferred and 15,185 pensioners. BA intends to keep a final salary pension scheme with no changes to pension benefits already earned and no increase in staff contribution rates. But, under the new proposals, there will be changes to members' benefits relating to future service.
Key changes for future service are:

* Normal retirement age for cabin crew raised from 55 to 60 initially and 65 after 5 years.

* Normal retirement age for pilots raised from 55 to 60 - 65 if countries such as France and the USA remove restrictions on older pilots overflying them.

****The French Senate has approved a measure raising the retirement age for pilots from 60 to 65 despite a four-day strike to protest the change that caused widespread disruption to Air France services. Tuesday 18th Nov 2008

****Off the Cathay Pacific site till recently.

4. What is the retirement age for pilots?
We offer a full career to the age of 55 years.
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/faq/careers/flightcrew#

Yes, it looks like the Brits, French, and Pilots of Cathay Pacific had been flying to age 65 for years..... Heck the British were retiring at 55, and changed their age based on what the pilots HERE in the US did, as well as the French who fought it and only changed recently.

Let's not let facts get in the way of things.. Yes, a bunch of 3rd world countries had pilots flying to 65, yet many others in the EU and Far East did not...

AAflyer

Last edited:
Hi!

Age 65?

As of 2007 or 2008, JAA started an Age 70 study committee.

I don't think that has anything to do with SWAPA.

cliff
GRB

Hi!

Age 65?

As of 2007 or 2008, JAA started an Age 70 study committee.

I don't think that has anything to do with SWAPA.

cliff
GRB

You are correct Cliff we are talking about age 65.. Don't get too far ahead of yourself here:D

AAflyer

Southwest Airlines Pilots’ Association Praises the Work of Congress to
Increase the Retirement Age of Pilots from 60 to 65

(DALLAS) – After X years of hard work and dedication on Capitol Hill by
congressional leaders, activists, and pilots from the Southwest Airlines Pilots’
Association (SWAPA) and other carriers, the effort to raise the retirement age of
a pilot has come to fruition. Both the House of Representatives and the Senate on
December X passed legislation that will allow pilots for U.S. air carriers to fly
until the age of 65, rather than a forced retirement on a pilot’s 60th birthday.

“Passing this law has saved the jobs of many of our nation’s best pilots, and
we’re pleased that our most experienced aviators will continue to operate our
aircraft,” said SWAPA President Capt. Carl Kuwitzky. “There was no data
showing any decline in the ability to fly an airplane past the age of 60 and
passengers should feel safe knowing there is experience in the cockpit.”

Despite overwhelming support in both the House and Senate, the language for
moving the mandatory retirement age to 65 was consistently held up in bills that
contained other points of contention, such as funding for the Air Traffic
Controllers through the FAA Reauthorization Bill. The new law was passed in a
“suspension of the rules” in which the age 60 language was pulled out
individually, and voted on its own merits. For this to occur, overwhelming
support is necessary, as only one (?) vote against the bill would have killed it.

(SOME)Foreign air carriers do not have an age 60 retirement age requirement, so there
have been pilots over the age of 60 flying the United States for years,” said
Kuwitzky. “It only makes sense that we would allow our U.S.-owned carrier
pilots to do the same.”

SWAPA and its pilots were instrumental in getting this law passed. The removal
of the Age 60 Rule has been a legislative priority at the Association for years, and
the long-time efforts of SWAPA’s Governmental Affairs Committee and pilot
volunteers helped the change occur. SWAPA has been organizing “Capitol Hill
-more-

This is a press release from SWAPA...

AAflyer

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back