UAL issuing orders to fly at will!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get OTF. Try at least.

Then if the pax sitting there is a chatter box, keeps bumpimng in to you while you are trying to sleep, keeps turning the light off and on, rummages around in anyway waking you up; when it is time to go on duty and get out of the rest seat say sorry I am fatugued.

Even if one of you has to fly then hey you have to complete the flight and can't pull over to a cloud in the sky, I guess, right? So then you and the Capn write a FSAP on fatigue that you had to complete the flight illegally.

Or if the other FO just continues as you are fatigued, all three write a fatigue FSAP and get the FAA in on it.

Would that be a good thought?

Get OTF. Try at least.

Then if the pax sitting there is a chatter box, keeps bumpimng in to you while you are trying to sleep, keeps turning the light off and on, rummages around in anyway waking you up; when it is time to go on duty and get out of the rest seat say sorry I am fatugued.

Even if one of you has to fly then hey you have to complete the flight and can't pull over to a cloud in the sky, I guess, right? So then you and the Capn write a FSAP on fatigue that you had to complete the flight illegally.

Or if the other FO just continues as you are fatigued, all three write a fatigue FSAP and get the FAA in on it.

Would that be a good thought?
Nope,
Fatigued is fatigued, taking the position when not fit for flight due to fatigue will be jumping into the fire, skipping the frying pan. If the original F/O has to stay in his seat due to your fatigue, that will be a regulatory failure due to willful contract violation, and the onus will be on the entity that violated the contract, the company. Frying the company in the court of public opinion will do the trick, but one must tread carefully and from well within the contract. Let the company violate the contract and deal with the consequences. Ground one flight at an outstation due to fatigue and the problem will solve its self.

Latest resources

Back