UAL Furlogh Message

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

furlough-boy

Did any of you fellow UAL furloughed guys/gals get to hear Captain Forte's message regarding the future furlogh numbers? I missed it. Just curious how many more are coming down the pipe.... Thanks.

Unfortunately, a friend of mine said 600-800 more. Ouch. Let's hope things get better for them soon.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It said that by July 2004 UA expects to have approximately 7200-7500 pilots on the seniority list. Of these, approximately 6200 will be active line pilots (the rest would be in management, training, on leave, etc...).

Geez....sometimes I wish I was never hired there. I'm about 950 from the bottom of the 9/01 list and don't know if I'll ever get the call to come back to DENTK.

x-GP

There has got to be some retirements in that number. Also, maybe there will be more retirements coming up with the low Gatt rate etc. for September 1st. I just hope United gets a plan and sticks to it. Atleast the economy seems to be getting better and the War was short. SARS seems to be over and things hopefully will get better for you guys.

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

Not trying to be sarcastic, but what is United's plan going forward beyond just cost cutting? I understand the commuter-side is going to the lowest bidder....

Any definitive plans or strategies apparent? What about Starfish/low-cost subsidiary? So, what's the plan?

Thanks

I heard all the 7200-7500 mumbo-jumbo, but how many are on the senority list now. Someone do the math. How many more furloughs?

600-800 more would mean about 2200-2400 total.

UAL on 7-31-03 junior man will be 8393 with 1643 gone.

Furlough boy,

That is the number I heard from my United FO friend. A total of about 2200-2400. I hope it doesn't even get close, and I hope United gets better soon.

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back