UAL Decision Soon Amid Worries/Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey extra300s,

I was just trying to give you a different point of view. So you go and call me an a$$, real nice.

I don't care about UAL. I don't know what is actually going on at UAL. I don't care if they get the money or not.

I do, however, like their new paint job - I think its sharp looking. Will the new paint job save UAL, I don't care.

"My previous post was to call Mr. Bs bluff. "

Oh it was no bluff. I figured it would expose you.

Still waiting for a ...

response to "Carrer Expectations" from a UAL pilot.

The part that kills me is the employees bought UAL from Wolf and they end up with nothing.

Word has it that WOLF is kind of sickly and not doing well.
As Seinfeld says,"There's nothing wrong with that."

I do hope UAL gets the cash.

I wonder where the UAL guys are that walked up to a fellow squadron mate in 1992 and told him "why doesn't TWA just do the right thing and go out of business for the good of the industry?".

I'm sure they don't remember. My friend hasn't forgotten. Karma's a b!tch.TC

P.S.--The SWA guys were ALWAYS supportive of the TWA people and for that, I am eternally grateful!

I'll second that. Once getting off a van at the hotel in 1999, after listening to a new hire UAL pilot shoot his mouth off the whole way about how great UAL was and how come we all weren't trying to get on at UAL, he had the nerve to stop the me the Captain and all our F/A's when we started to tip the driver and say "no, no I'll get it, you guys need to save your money". My Captain who had been through 2 bankruptcies, 2 furloughs, Carl Ichan, 1 hijacking, TWA 800, etc... tells this arrogant little 23 year old, "If you don't get out of my site this second I am going to rip off your head and shi1 down your neck". The UAL Captain apologized profusely and told his co-pilot to get the hell inside the hotel and that they were going to have a little chat about his behavior. Also mentioned something about him being on probation. I saw the UAL Captain later and said he had been listening to this little SOB shoot his mouth off the whole trip, and maybe he might do something about it when they got back to ORD. Whatever that ment.

In spite of that little incident and a few others I had the displeasure of being involved in, I still hope for UAL to make it because most of the guys are good guys, and after being on the receiving end of it for so long I swore I would never do the same.

crashpad said:
I joked to a UAL pilot on the crew bus as we passed a TED Airbus;
"Nice looking airplane,...it'd look better with an animal on the tail."
The little guy just glared at me like I was serious...what a 'mo-mo'! If these guys can't let some starch outta their shorts, they won't get sympathy when it's over-just more laughter.
Joking in anyway about losing his job to someone who is d@mn worryed about his future livelihood is F*CKING stupid. "Hey won't it suck when you have to go to the unemployment office!" "Remember a few years ago when you thought you'd be a widebody captain?!?" "Dude I'm totally joking though!'

Bottom line is you showed absolute low class to some 'little guy' who was just trying to go to work. Fine and dandy you're job is safe, but why even make cracks towards someone who has a little bit more on his plate. So do you also get a kick out of laughing at handicapped people?

Last edited:
nimtz said:
Joking in anyway about losing his job to someone who is d@mn worryed about his future livelihood is F*CKING stupid. "Hey won't it suck when you have to go to the unemployment office!" "Remember a few years ago when you thought you'd be a widebody captain?!?" "Dude I'm totally joking though!'

Bottom line is you showed absolute low class to some 'little guy' who was just trying to go to work. Fine and dandy you're job is safe, but why even make cracks towards someone who has a little bit more on his plate. So do you also get a kick out of laughing at handicapped people?
Man, I agree. This guy who made this crack ought to be up for the upper class twit of the year,

Best,
Nu

What are you thinking?

I can't believe a pilot would wish for 8000 other pilots to be out of work. What would happen would be 8000 pilots, with probably more time than you, would be flooding the market looking for jobs. More supply of pilots with less supply of jobs = lower pay for everybody.

Thankfully UAL is going to pull out of this mess - they were the first ones to get costs in line. Once this whole Loan thing is over (either granted or dissapproved) the numbers are going to look better.

Grow up..

Wow, this thread amazed me. I've had bad (extremely, very bad) experiences with UAL employees in the past BUT how could I logically conclude that the entire company and it's associated employees should be put out of business based on that. Pilots writing to congressmen smacks of vindictiveness.

If they go out business, it should be because of unsound business, not because of all the petty previously mentioned craap. God, I'm going to have to stop reading this stupid board.

Hey potrack:

So you think that pilots working for AWA, AirTran and JetBlue who make $60./hr as FO's are whores? Sounds like you are getting what you have coming to you.

Do the rest of us a favor, though, and save that B.S. for your new friends at Home Depot that don't know any better.

I'll make sure to tell your former coworkers- who we have given jobs to- how you describe them. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

What an idiot.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back