• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Capt in DEN- December 2010

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I'll tell you... it wasn't the singular last flight of his father's career. This guy had jumpseated with his dad for the past two days, then went to Hawaii with him, and back to SFO, then back to IAD. SFO to IAD was the "singular last flight" of his dad's career. That's why if I was his dad, I would have told him to catch the next flight to Hawaii, or to wait at SFO for me on the way back.

If I read the post correctly, the dispute arose during the SFO-SAN segment. The UA pilot probably could have walked to another gate and gotten on a flight leaving in less than an hour.

Next morning we went to airport where we were supposed to fly SFO to HNL with a stop in SAN.

I get that there are rules and they should be followed. Maybe I'm just too compassionate, but if I was going to bump the son of the captain off the jumpseat, I would have found another way to get to where I was going. It wouldn't even matter to me if it was the captain's retirement flight or just another trip.

Just a Thought,
How many xmas did the retiring Captain spend away from his family. Sucks for the FO but we chose our profession and where we live.

Latest resources

Back