UAL Capt in DEN- December 2010

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Received this vis email yesterday:

(I placed ****'s in place of his last name, because I think that's what we're supposed to do on FI? I don't want the MOD's mad at me.)

Damn...finishing my trip too late to make it there but you can bet this B6 pilot (and DEN resident) would be there to support him. I'll spread the word among the B6 DEN commuters.

Having read the entire thread, I appreciate the careful protection of names with the exeption of one poster naming the CSR in DEN.. we can not allow that on FI..

Based on the story as posted here, I would agree the DEN CSR was way out of line and some one's knee Jerk reaction in calling the police... we still can not allow the use of this guys name here on FI.. this sounds like a legal battle about to start, and we dont want FI posts to possibly be used against the Captain, or inflame the situation.. I think this story has all the oxygen it needs for fire..

I hope some good comes out of this in reaffirming the Captains authority, and based on this story outlined here, in my opinion, he is to be commeded for his professionalism..

But please, remember to not use ALL of the real name of a person here.. Initials are another story..of course there is the PM system as well.. Thanks clr4

Last edited:
Mod review... again.... Creative swearing is not allowed.. it is a TOS violation.. several posts have already been deleted for this..

Lets not push to the point of suspensions from FI... This is a blanket warning to any further posts on this thread..

The truth has to be somewhere in the middle here or is there history between these folks? because I just cannot envision two adult professionals making all that fuss over, well Nothing! there has to be more to this story.

Trust Me!

The CSR in question is a tool! No sense of humor, no common decency, hostile towardno-revs and pilots, particularly.... and a bit of a control freak. I have had personal interactions with him and should be shown the door for his anti-social garbage toward EVERYONE! He won't be hard to spot, works the day shift SHORT, glasses and looks like he may have a few children buried in his crawl space......:angryfire If you get a bad vibe its him.......

The truth has to be somewhere in the middle here or is there history between these folks? because I just cannot envision two adult professionals making all that fuss over, well Nothing! there has to be more to this story.

You have lead an existence glorifyingly free of anuses who are thick on the ground in this industry. I envy you. I have no trouble believing any of this.

Agents love to hate the white shirt! United doesn't employ every agent that power trips on pilots.

Gup

You have lead an existence glorifyingly free of anuses who are thick on the ground in this industry. I envy you. I have no trouble believing any of this.

I have been working at a captain oriented airline only for the past 4 years my dear sir, I can assure you that I remember how is like. Seems to me that a few days of public protest with more than willing off duty flight crews once in a while is a healthy thing, just think of it as cardio

Last edited:
............In today's society, touching anyone can be misconstrued and if brought to the attention of HR or the Police, can become a very difficult situation.

If I couldn't get access to the JB pilots bag, I would have went back to the cockpit, sat down, and started making phone calls. The jet would not have left the gate until I had the bag in the cockpit. If I don't have authority on the jetway, I sure as hell have it while sitting in the airplane.

A350

A350:

You are the only one here who has really confronted the question: "What did the Capt. do right and what did he do wrong"?

Your suggestion, above, is what he should have done. When I read where he was out in the JW trying to push himself past the agent I told myself "This is not going to end good!"

Latest resources

Back