UAL/CAL pilot talks hit snag, article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope for your sake you are right.

MOD NOTE: other members are looking for this thread as I merged theres with this one over the same topic and original news article.

To those members: HERE IT IS>> :)

Nicely done sir. You surmize really well what we as "the little people" are dealing with. It's been a scary trend. Even more alarming however, is the fact that most Americans cannot grasp these realities.

We sometimes pay more attention to diversionary issues, intentionally created by these "elites" while they reap the rewards and feast on the hen.

Olberman, Limbaugh, Maddow, Beck; they all serve the same distracting purpose. Keeping us angry at the gays, illegals, or environmentalist while their cronies laugh their way to the bank. Sad. Not the country previous generations built, fought, and died for.

My guess is that it's some QOL improvement which would cost the company little or nothing. But management sees even a cost-free concession as a loss of negotiating capital, since it could have been traded for something of value.
They don't believe that there is any such thing as a "non-economic" issue.

Perhaps a strike would enlighten them in their incorrect views.

it's a bit insane that management views outsourcing as such a valuable tool. Where's the empirical evidence that it's worked at all as a business strategy? Executives are the only people making any money. But you'd think the shareholders would question the customer service end of it.

The new united can fly all the 70 seaters it wants- just do it with mainline pilots.

Morale at UAL must have improved judging from their claim of "best on time" airline. Guess the thought is that the UA pilots are beaten down enough and would finally lower the draw bridge. Just my opinion!

Any airline can be number 1 in on time. All you do is increase the block times on every flight segment and there you have it. This is how UAL achieved number one in on time, not because the pilots are all of a sudden motivated.

Latest resources

Back