• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Bases by seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Force??? I'm sure many will leave as soon as DEN, ORD, SFO, IAD, and LAX are available to bid vacancies.

Sure they will. Beacuse Oakland,CA, Gary, IN, and Washington, DC aren't anywhere close to UAL domiciles. 3 in the top 16 for most dangerous cities for crime.

Reality is most of us are pretty well stuck where we live in these times. We have kids in schools, spouses with [better] jobs, houses we can't dream of selling. While we all want to live where we want to live, I suspect there won't be a huge swing from current domicile staffing.

that said, I am rooting for a domestic 757 base out of LGA, make my drive shorter :)

What is the chance (% wise) of a UAL bubba taking the CAL deal and getting IAH based? I live here in IAH now, be nice not to commute.

P.S. I have 11 years with UAL and on the top of the furloughed/hostage list

What is the chance (% wise) of a UAL bubba taking the CAL deal and getting IAH based? I live here in IAH now, be nice not to commute.

P.S. I have 11 years with UAL and on the top of the furloughed/hostage list

I feel for you being furloughed at 11 years and will welcome you to CAL as per the TP & A. Not trying to doubt you, but how are you a hostage? UAL has on average 1.67 more pilots per aircraft than CAL. The CAL furloughs were completely unnecessary, and were a management ploy. The furloghes were offered their jobs back on more than one occasion; if CAL pilots would sign off on a letter of agreement that would basically allow more outsourcing and code/revenue sharing. The company has operated short staffed for two years, now they don't need the LOA's signed because they are merging. So here they come back to the line. UAL furloughs are a product of outsourcing, which does not denote being a hostage. Please correct me if I am misinformed.

Yogi

I feel for you being furloughed at 11 years and will welcome you to CAL as per the TP & A. Not trying to doubt you, but how are you a hostage? UAL has on average 1.67 more pilots per aircraft than CAL. The CAL furloughs were completely unnecessary, and were a management ploy. The furloghes were offered their jobs back on more than one occasion; if CAL pilots would sign off on a letter of agreement that would basically allow more outsourcing and code/revenue sharing. The company has operated short staffed for two years, now they don't need the LOA's signed because they are merging. So here they come back to the line. UAL furloughs are a product of outsourcing, which does not denote being a hostage. Please correct me if I am misinformed.

Yogi

In the words of king ****************************** bag tilton, "UAL was right sized for this merger" so he/I and 1435 other pilots were taken as "Hostages" so he could get his check.

In the words of king ****************************** bag tilton, "UAL was right sized for this merger" so he/I and 1435 other pilots were taken as "Hostages" so he could get his check.

No doubt he is a s-c-u-mbucket! But the numbers I had seen were a very minor drop in ASM's for 'right sizing'. I just saw an airline with a decimation of their 737 fleet, and a large increase in 70 seat RJ's and their utilization! I am still not seeing a hostage situation such as the CAL furloughs. Were the 1437 UAL furloughs offered their job back in order to sign something or give something in return? (Sorry if that comes across wrong, it's hard to put sincerity into a written post.)

Yogi

Yogi

Yogi,

First it is FURLOUGHS....not furloghes

Many of us in the top % of layoffs over here at UAL were directly linked to the parking of our 737-300 and 500's to help make the Merger happen.

Latest resources

Back