• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Bases by seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the chance (% wise) of a UAL bubba taking the CAL deal and getting IAH based? I live here in IAH now, be nice not to commute.

P.S. I have 11 years with UAL and on the top of the furloughed/hostage list

To actually (partially) answer your question:

On the latest System Bid, a good number of recalls (around 60) have been awarded IAH 737. The most junior recalls have been "awarded" GUM 737 :D.

Where United furloughees would go is anybody's guess.

Good Luck!

To actually (partially) answer your question:

On the latest System Bid, a good number of recalls (around 60) have been awarded IAH 737. The most junior recalls have been "awarded" GUM 737 :D.

Where United furloughees would go is anybody's guess.

Good Luck!

Thank you Motive Flow!

Yogi,

First it is FURLOUGHS....not furloghes

Many of us in the top % of layoffs over here at UAL were directly linked to the parking of our 737-300 and 500's to help make the Merger happen.

Does that need to be taken into account for the SLI? If so, how?

Does that need to be taken into account for the SLI? If so, how?

Don't know.....when the "Merger" was first announced I was a B767 F/O. This was in 2008.

Don't know.....when the "Merger" was first announced I was a B767 F/O. This was in 2008.

Weird, never heard that. But I did hear it announced in the spring of 2010. I guess your news source is better than mine.

Oh, wait - are you talking about when Continental said "no thanks" to UAL in 2008? Ok, now I gotcha...

Wow! my buddies at UAL don't know a thing about this! They said that they had been furloughed in 2008. The merger announcement date is in May 2010, not 2008. But now I see how you would be fun to fly with, it's about delusions of grandeur or raw comedy...

Yogi

Wow! my buddies at UAL don't know a thing about this! They said that they had been furloughed in 2008. The merger announcement date is in May 2010, not 2008. But now I see how you would be fun to fly with, it's about delusions of grandeur or raw comedy...

Yogi

Don't be a jerk. I'm happy you have enjoyed your time at CO. Be gratefull you have had it and act that way. The top of the furlough list (I don't give a crap how you spell it, most of us were not english majors) are victims of a two headed sword. Bankruptcy, and the contract it came with, gave the company the ability to get a contract which allowed the rediculous amount of RJ's we have which directly lead to the 737 parking to right size the airline. The F/O's I fly with, most with 12 years longevity, are also victims of this management. I would suggest enjoying your time at CO while it lasts. NONE of us know how it will turn out.

We'll see you on the line where we will have to make the best of .........whatever we have.

Deep Breath Time

Don't be a jerk. I'm happy you have enjoyed your time at CO. Be gratefull you have had it and act that way. The top of the furlough list (I don't give a crap how you spell it, most of us were not english majors) are victims of a two headed sword. Bankruptcy, and the contract it came with, gave the company the ability to get a contract which allowed the rediculous amount of RJ's we have which directly lead to the 737 parking to right size the airline. The F/O's I fly with, most with 12 years longevity, are also victims of this management. I would suggest enjoying your time at CO while it lasts. NONE of us know how it will turn out.

We'll see you on the line where we will have to make the best of .........whatever we have.

Let's all take a deep breath here guys. It's easy to let something like this divide us into a US Airways downward spiral.

As a CAL pilot (recently recalled), I for one am actually looking forward to the new United and flying with the United pilots since it's very apparent this thing is going to move forward.

I sincerely hope that we can avoid the disunity that resulted from the AW and USAir debacle and can achieve a great contract with work rules that protect us from the FAA's new NPRM and the like.

Latest resources

Back