• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure where you get your info. This from yahoo.finance.com

UAL Corporation (UAUA)At 11:27AM ET: 8.97
down_r.gif
3.33 (27.07%)

My brokerage website at the time(also CNBC put up the chart). It is now 8.97, I posted that about 20 minutes ago

News is reporting that UAL's Chapter 11 filing is pending.......wtf? What the hell happened since I got back from work? Looks like some sort of wrong report?

Last edited:
This whole incident pretty much sums up why the price of oil and airline stocks are the way they are. Everyone wants to put out news as soon as possible without checking dates accuarcy etc.. so as to make the stocks move. These knee jerk reactions are what are helping screw us all.

As you may be aware, an article appeared on a newspaper’s website with today’s date but with UAL bankruptcy news from 2002. This prompted a sell-off and a cessation of trading of UAUA stock this morning. This bankruptcy news is completely and totally false as it relates to United Airlines. An investigation has begun. Please read the United Airlines press release for further information

Somebody just made a boatload of cash. Wonder if we'll ever hear who.

Any takers that Tilton and the Tribune were both behind this and the split the profits?

Any takers that Tilton and the Tribune were both behind this and the split the profits?

You can be assured that the trades will be analyzed and if there was improper conduct, it will see the light of day. On the other hand, if you were smart and bought UAUA at less than a buck, you could quit working for the airlines.

United traders about about as jittery as their lenders.

Latest resources

Back