UAL announces another recall class- 21 Aug

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bosley said:
I agree, stay where you are. UAL is the Titanic, and is sinking fast. Just look at all the people bypassing. Besides with creeps like 32LT10, I'd much rather stay at a company like Jet Blue where the attitude is a lot less stuck up!

United has been called the Titanic for 5 years and still hasn't sunk. As far as the folks bypassing, that's not an accurate gauge, the first go around, as to who wants to work there and who doesn't.

D-Bo said:
United has been called the Titanic for 5 years and still hasn't sunk. As far as the folks bypassing, that's not an accurate gauge, the first go around, as to who wants to work there and who doesn't.

Bosely is just disappointed he was never hired at UAL and it is his therapy to massage his ego by bashing us. Bad combo of big ego and little plane.

32LT10 said:
Bosely is just disappointed he was never hired at UAL and it is his therapy to massage his ego by bashing us. Bad combo of big ego and little plane.

I usally hear people talk about big airplanes that have little peckers! Way to go stud! BTW, 12 year cpt pay, $182.00 744/777 UAL. 12 year cpt pay LUV $190.00
I'll stay where I'm at flying my little airplane.
In 50 years, who will aviation remember more, Herb K. or the numerous crooks robbing you morons of your pensions/pay/benefits?
Keep up the comebacks 32, you make it all too easy you loser!

Bosley said:
I usally hear people talk about big airplanes that have little peckers! Way to go stud! BTW, 12 year cpt pay, $182.00 744/777 UAL. 12 year cpt pay LUV $190.00
In 50 years, who will aviation remember more, Herb K. or the numerous crooks robbing you morons of your pensions/pay/benefits?

actually, ask 100 MBA students the following:

Who is a memorable CEO of Southwest? "Herb Kelleher!"

Who is a memorable CEO of United? "uh....hold on a minute...."

32LT10 said:
Bosley,
Just curious:
- did you apply to UAL at one point?
- were your hired?
-- if so, did you accept and get furloughed;
-- or did you turn down the job offer in lieu of another job?
- what do you do now?

Bosley said:

I'll take the lower pay, fly a better plane, and go to places outside of the U.S. thanks.

Huggyu2 said:
Bosley,
Just curious:
- did you apply to UAL at one point?
NO! Got a little fed up with the interview process after 300 hour wonder interns were getting the call while a lot of good qualified folks were not getting interviewed, or not hired while the eeoc was in full stride at UAL.
- were your hired?
Was never interviewed
-- if so, did you accept and get furloughed;
No
-- or did you turn down the job offer in lieu of another job?
Was hired at LUV
- what do you do now?
LUV pilot, and 32LT10 basher.
Take a look at your pal 32's posts. He wastes little time bashing the LCC's such as Air Tran and Jet Blue. The very same airline that at one time shared the cockpit with ual aviators.

Copy that! I didn't bother goinig back and researching past postings; I just figured there was some disagreement between you two, and wanted to get a bit more of the overall picture.

Bosley said:
NO! Got a little fed up with the interview process after 300 hour wonder interns were getting the call while a lot of good qualified folks were not getting interviewed, or not hired while the eeoc was in full stride at UAL.
So that means you applied and were not hired. Cry me a river. You could only get hired at a place that made you BUY a type rating. I suppose if you really really want to fly so badly you were willing to pony up the bucks to get a job.

Was hired at LUV
Yep, a real stellar group that has paid for their jobs over at good ol LUV. Drunks, exhibitionist and guys that like to talk about how they are going to lose their career just after crashing an airplane into a gas station. The first words out of the guys mouth was not a checklist or concern for his pax and crew it was how he was going to be unemployed now that he had f-d up.

I guess as long as Pay for training is in place at SWA that is what you get. I have a new found respect for B6 in the recent months. They treat jumpseaters both pilot and f/a very well and they do not require their pilots to pay for training, unlike SWA.

Enjoy OKC/OMA and ISP. I will take my pay and my type of flying. Of course I do have options on the equipment I fly. How about you? Any chance of getting a bid off the guppy? I lost enough hearing on that POS. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter with 1L so close to the cockpit and that single pack thing with the APU running is primitive at best. But as long as you enjoy it, then knock yourself out.

Bosley said:

Of the 6000+ folks hired by UAL from the early 90's till 2001, what percentage do you think were interns and "eeoc" hires? You do realize that the "eeoc" hiring was mandated by the fed's didn't you? Why? Because we only hired WHITE guy's before.

Look around the terminal next time and check out the folks wearing UAL colors.....I'd betcha a round that the VAST majority of our folks are Caucasian males between the ages of 35-50.
I can partially understand your angst against our hiring practices, I too have friends with similar qualifications who were never hired here but they moved on.

But heck you can say that about just about every airline couldn't you? "Almost" every airline has some sort of idiosyncrasy about who they prefer to hire.

I mean Delta used to be called the "O" club while you stood little chance of an interview at Alaska without a silver bullet. While UPS and Fed Ex almost exclusively hired only folks with a couple of internal rec's and good luck at SWA back in 98 when I was looking if you didn't have a type.

While I was applying to UAL they valued fighter/training command time over Heavy time which I had a boat load of under Nancy Stuke, Why? Because it's there company and they'll hire who ever the heck they want...Was it fair, I guess it depends on your perspective.

Hey if your fight is with 32....So be it. I've worked with folks from a wide variety of backgrounds here at UAL and the only generality I can say for a fact is that EAL pilots are KING!
I just ask that you refrain from dragging our whole pilot group into your little disagreement with one of ours.

Peace from a Non EEOC, Non intern Caucasian Male fellow pilot.

Koko

Latest resources

Back